Author Topic: Florida Cracker Kitchen to open San Marco restaurant  (Read 1001 times)

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
Florida Cracker Kitchen to open San Marco restaurant
« on: July 10, 2019, 09:52:39 PM »
Florida Cracker Kitchen plans to open a second Jacksonville restaurant and taproom, bringing the likes of country fried steak and eggs, smoked mullet dip, Okeechobee gumbo and oyster po’boys to San Marco.

The city is reviewing a permit for River City Construction Group LLC to renovate a 6,000-square-foot building at 1842 Kings Ave. at a cost of $230,000. The former “Wimpee Fuel Oil” structure was built in 1937.

Full article: https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/article/florida-cracker-kitchen-to-open-san-marco-restaurant
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

acme54321

Re: Florida Cracker Kitchen to open San Marco restaurant
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 10:26:46 PM »
Nice.  I sense a big push of development coming on that stretch of road between River Oaks and Prudential.

Captain Zissou

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 09:48:07 AM »
This is very exciting for me as it will be within biking distance of my house.  Now I just need a gym.  Between this and Beach Road Seafood I'm going to be carrying around some extra weight.  I wish Atlantic was friendlier to bikers and pedestrians.

acme54321

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 12:01:24 PM »
This is very exciting for me as it will be within biking distance of my house.  Now I just need a gym.  Between this and Beach Road Seafood I'm going to be carrying around some extra weight.  I wish Atlantic was friendlier to bikers and pedestrians.

There's a Crossfit gym right there.  They're out there carrying logs and tires down King's Ave all afternoon.

sandyshoes

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2019, 12:09:27 PM »
May I share our dining experience from several months after they had opened at Beach Blvd?  So this is about 2 years ago.  If you have back/hip problems, the wire patio chairs are not going to do you any favors - and no other seats/chairs were to be had.  They pitch your low back at a weird angle when you try to get nearer the table.  I even put my big purse behind me to serve as a bolster, to no avail.  I ordered a salad, which was subpar and much too pricey at $14.  My husband ordered a seafood item and never received the cocktail sauce.  The waitress, coming back a third time to check on him, finally just brought him a bottle of ketchup, a small cup of horseradish and something else and said the kitchen was too busy to make any more, so he would have to make it himself.  We also noticed that the people next to us left their food pretty much untouched - they had been a party of 5, had ordered brunch or breakfast, but suffice it to say that none of them ate their eggs.  Only the bacon, coffee and some toast had been consumed.  We were overall unimpressed and won't waste our money again.  But this is only our experience, you may have had better. 

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2019, 12:56:06 PM »
I had a similar experience... at Moon River Pizza...  :)
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

pierre

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2019, 01:01:07 PM »
I ate at the Beach location once.

The dining area is smaller than I expected because half the building is taken up by a gift shop and the bar.

The food was fine. Very heavy on the fried food.

My one critique is the wait staff seems to try too hard with the sass. I dont know if maybe they think it's charming. I found it annoying.

Captain Zissou

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2019, 01:29:29 PM »
Don't threaten me with a good time...

I have not been to moonriver in years, but not because of the extremely rude service.  Purely coincidental.

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2019, 02:59:48 PM »
Don't threaten me with a good time...

I have not been to moonriver in years, but not because of the extremely rude service.  Purely coincidental.

I had to try...
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

JPalmer

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2019, 10:51:50 AM »
What forum discussion had more posts, Moon River or Mellow Mushroom?  I couldn't seem to be able to search for them and I find it funny two pizza restaurants became two of the most hotly discussed topics on the site.

Peter Griffin

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2019, 01:14:21 PM »
What forum discussion had more posts, Moon River or Mellow Mushroom?  I couldn't seem to be able to search for them and I find it funny two pizza restaurants became two of the most hotly discussed topics on the site.

Urban revitalization is cool and all, but pizza is important.

(I love Moon River. Mellow is good if you wanna split pizza with friends, but otherwise I just want slices)

bl8jaxnative

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2019, 12:28:19 AM »
One step closer to the Scottish Inn being torn down?