Author Topic: San Marco Church Diet?  (Read 971 times)

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
San Marco Church Diet?
« on: July 09, 2019, 08:14:03 AM »
I don't expect anything to happen anytime soon but nice to see this is being discussed.

https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/article/san-marco-church-seeking-new-uses-for-its-property

Now, if Regency would just sell the East San Marco site.

Captain Zissou

Re: San Marco Church Diet?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 09:15:29 AM »
I have heard that development is much farther along than this article indicates.  The proposed site plan I heard is awful, so hopefully light gets shed on it soon.  Expect people to be speaking up about this in the near future.

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 09:49:30 AM »
I have heard that development is much farther along than this article indicates.  The proposed site plan I heard is awful, so hopefully light gets shed on it soon.  Expect people to be speaking up about this in the near future.

Based on what has been considered "bad" recently by the collective genius of Church/SMM/residents, I look forward to seeing the plan.  Not that being able to purchase a $250 trivet instead of going to Flying Iguana or standing outside Bold Bean instead of sitting isn't pure joy.

acme54321

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 11:24:41 AM »
Wow, I didnt realize how much of that block behind the church was vacant.  It would be cool of someone would preserve the historic apartment buildings but the rest of the auxilary structures I'm not as attached to.

sandyshoes

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 02:42:39 PM »
Be nice if a good donut shop were to take up residence right next door to the church..some people still have coffee hour after church.  If the church purchased the franchise, they could generate more income for themselves!  Then a Weight Watchers chapter could rent part of the space.  See, win-win.   :D

MusicMan

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2019, 05:36:43 PM »
"I have heard that development is much farther along than this article indicates. "

Hmmm.  He does not mention it being under contract. Is it under contract?

You would think that IMPORTANT DETAIL would have been mentioned in the article. Or that Balanky might have said something.

Just curious...

It looks like survey markers are in place at various points around the parcel. NOT UTILITY markers, which are also there.
And perhaps a 'tree survey' has taken place as well... 
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 06:28:07 PM by MusicMan »

Captain Zissou

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2019, 09:30:32 AM »
Be nice if a good donut shop were to take up residence right next door to the church..some people still have coffee hour after church.  If the church purchased the franchise, they could generate more income for themselves!  Then a Weight Watchers chapter could rent part of the space.  See, win-win.   :D
I don't have the arm I used to, but I could still throw a ball to at least three surrounding businesses that serve coffee and some sort of breakfast carbs.

MusicMan

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2019, 02:25:49 PM »
I am glad someone linked this article to TheJaxsonMag.com.  It is IMHO strange that a church with such a valuable piece of real estate would think the best path forward would be to let a church official do word of mouth marketing on something approaching or exceeding $2,000,000.

There are many capable commercial brokers who could have handled the sale and, one would think, be able to get the very highest price for it.  SMH.

UPDATE: Just got off the phone with my friend from Catalyst Development Partners. He said the parcel WAS under a Letter of Intent (LOI) Agreement to a developer. LOI establishes a non binding framework for a contract. He was not sure if they made it through due diligence. If so then usually a contract follows and hopefully a closing.

Captain can you comment any further on this?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 02:56:39 PM by MusicMan »

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2019, 02:57:22 PM »
I am glad someone linked this article to TheJaxsonMag.com. 

Someone?!? Please. I will accept.... Wizard of Wall Street....Duke of Donuts....Prince of Pastries.....Defending Fantasy Football Champion.... I mean, the choices are many. Even the pedestrian 'Matt' would have been fine. But someone?

MusicMan

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2019, 03:30:02 PM »
My Bad SMM. And we've even had coffee..................

77danj7

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2019, 03:01:10 PM »
When you say it 'WAS' under a LOI, does that mean it is not anymore and fell through during the due diligence period?

UPDATE: Just got off the phone with my friend from Catalyst Development Partners. He said the parcel WAS under a Letter of Intent (LOI) Agreement to a developer. LOI establishes a non binding framework for a contract. He was not sure if they made it through due diligence. If so then usually a contract follows and hopefully a closing.

Captain can you comment any further on this?

MusicMan

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2019, 04:50:23 PM »
I don't know, that's what I am asking Captain Zissou...  The article itself does not mention being under contract, so....

77danj7

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2019, 04:56:22 PM »
True - I'd think that if it were under contract it would state that.  The article really read to me more like hey come look at our property it's available
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 05:03:05 PM by 77danj7 »

MusicMan

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2019, 05:11:35 PM »
Yup. And that is premium real estate. If they can be reasonable on price I think it would sell for sure.