Author Topic: Boat Clubs  (Read 1548 times)

acme54321

Re: Boat Clubs
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2019, 06:02:45 PM »
Fake news.  Not sure if you've heard, but nobody uses the river here.

Any day on the water is a good day!

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2019, 07:33:39 AM »
So the trigger was pulled last month.

I'm reporting back to say that so far it's lived up to the hype. 
We still have to plan weekends about 3-5 days out if we want to go out, but both times we've tried, there's been no issue with availability.  It really is just as easy as showing up to the marina and hopping in the boat, returning and leaving it tied to the dock.
Fuel costs are what they are.  I pay the marina.  No additional markup.
The quality of the fleet is better than anything I would have purchased on my own, so that's a nice perk. 
I did appreciate the OTW training they provided. 
I like and have used the day of, walk-up option.  I had a light work day and wanted to go for a cruise, so I called and was in the water in about 30 minutes.  Put in at Ortega and drove (???) up nearly to the Dames Point Bridge.

Which one did you go with?
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2019, 10:41:47 AM »

CareFree Jacksonville

I get unlimited usage out of both Ortega and Mayport, their fleet has a nice variety - 3 Bow Riders (23'-25'), 1 Center console in-shore fishing boat, 1 Pontoon, a 28' cabin cruiser and a 27' Seahunt for offshore.

After the interview, I felt they operated a little less 'corporate', but with all of the perks you still get from a national franchise - we get reciprocation from any other CareFree Franchise - after we finish all of the required classes.

It's still super new, but so far, so good.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2019, 10:30:23 AM »

CareFree Jacksonville

I get unlimited usage out of both Ortega and Mayport, their fleet has a nice variety - 3 Bow Riders (23'-25'), 1 Center console in-shore fishing boat, 1 Pontoon, a 28' cabin cruiser and a 27' Seahunt for offshore.

After the interview, I felt they operated a little less 'corporate', but with all of the perks you still get from a national franchise - we get reciprocation from any other CareFree Franchise - after we finish all of the required classes.

It's still super new, but so far, so good.

Thanks NRW... am in the same "boat" as you  ;D ::).  Want a boat... enjoy boating and fishing but buying, insuring, maintaining, and storing are issues at the moment.  This option may cure my itch for now...   8)
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."