Author Topic: FIS needs 200 to 225k of office space in Brooklyn  (Read 552 times)

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
FIS needs 200 to 225k of office space in Brooklyn
« on: June 28, 2019, 12:37:42 PM »
This could have some height, depending on the footprint:

JAX Chamber calculates that Black Knight has 2,400 employees in Jacksonville. If FIS left the building, it would make more space for Black Knight. (Of course, the opposite also could take place — Black Knight could build a tower and leave space for FIS. But the focus for the new building seems to be on FIS.)

For now, the guess is that FIS would need to develop at least 200,000 to 225,000 square feet of office space to accommodate its current employees, and companies typically factor in more space to accommodate growth. At the low end of that spectrum, a structure could cost $50 million — at $250 a square foot — and could take up to two years to build.

The height of the building would depend on the size of each floor at the site, a 4½-acre riverfront parking lot at 323 Riverside Ave. It also would depend on Downtown Development Review Board and Downtown Investment Authority guidelines.

https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/article/growing-fidelity-needs-space-is-florida-blue-parking-lot-the-answer
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Steve

• The Jaxson
Re: FIS needs 200 to 225k of office space in Brooklyn
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2019, 12:49:58 PM »
Yea I’m guessing Black Knight stays and FIS moves out. FIS seems to be doing better financially so the new building for them makes sense.

Would be nice to have that vacant lot built on.

Captain Zissou

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2019, 01:38:08 PM »
HU is going to lose his mind.

I hope they put something tall there, but address the street and riverwalk well.

Kerry

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 03:37:29 PM »
I know the boat already sailed but if we wanted good urbanism the land between Riverside Dr, I-95, Acosta Bridge, and the river would been all park (like Milwaukee).  Of course, our Parks Dept would have been incapable of maintaining it.
Third Place

heights unknown

• HEIGHTS UNKNOWN (DAMMIT!)
    • FRESH START SOCIAL SERVICES
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2019, 07:41:08 PM »
HU is going to lose his mind.

I hope they put something tall there, but address the street and riverwalk well.
That does it, you're right, not only am I losing my mind but I am also salivating; super preliminary news on a possible proposition for a tower on that site. Let's get er done guys! Get them cranes cranking and squeaking.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ACCESS MY PERSONAL FACEBOOK PAGE AT: https://www.facebook.com/garrybernardcoston.personal, or, access my Social Service Agency Facebook page if you love supporting charities/social entities at: https://www.facebook.com/FRESHSTARTSOCIALSERVICEAGENCY/; thank you!!!