Author Topic: 2019 Women's World Cup  (Read 3756 times)

wanderson91

Re: 2019 Women's World Cup
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2019, 11:14:54 AM »
Because leave it to FIFA to test out a rule in the biggest women's soccer tournament so that they can decide if it'll work in men's soccer. The disrespect, tbh

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2019, 01:47:05 PM »
Because leave it to FIFA to test out a rule in the biggest women's soccer tournament so that they can decide if it'll work in men's soccer. The disrespect, tbh

FIFA doesn't decide what gets used in national leagues. I don't see this as a test - and to be fair, it seems perfectly reasonable.
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

JaxJersey-licious

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2019, 04:38:35 PM »
So that second goal for the US someone was clearly offsides which should of negated anything after that kick but play was allowed because of a deflection...? Please explain cuz my brain now hurts.

wanderson91

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2019, 05:58:24 PM »
So that second goal for the US someone was clearly offsides which should of negated anything after that kick but play was allowed because of a deflection...? Please explain cuz my brain now hurts.

The defending player made contact with the ball, not Carli. I know the commentator was trying to say she impacted the play, but if she never touches the ball, it doesn't matter if she's offsides, I believe. And Heath was on onsides when the original pass was made.

Kiva

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2019, 07:15:55 PM »
US had the majority of the possession, and were in charge of the game and deserved to win. Spain is next, should be a US win, then the probable game against France. That could go either way.

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2019, 01:53:52 AM »

The defending player made contact with the ball, not Carli. I know the commentator was trying to say she impacted the play, but if she never touches the ball, it doesn't matter if she's offsides, I believe. And Heath was on onsides when the original pass was made.

Being in an offside position is only an offence if you are involved in/impacting play or are the recipient of a pass.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 06:34:44 AM by Adam White »
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

wanderson91

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2019, 09:32:43 AM »
US had the majority of the possession, and were in charge of the game and deserved to win. Spain is next, should be a US win, then the probable game against France. That could go either way.

Spain's been having a good tournament, so that may be a more challenging game than people think.

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2019, 01:17:16 PM »
The Spaniards are very physical...  8)
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2019, 01:28:07 PM »
20 minutes to go... 1-1 tie...
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2019, 01:35:35 PM »
Rapinoe score penalty kick... VAR confirmed penalty

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2019, 01:58:18 PM »
USA Wins!  8)

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2019, 02:11:46 PM »
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

wanderson91

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2019, 02:16:19 PM »
Happy we won, even happier we had to play a tough, physical game that wasn't a breeze for us. Gonna have to make a few lineup changes for France, honestly

Snufflee

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2019, 03:03:26 PM »
It was a cheap penalty, but a penalty none the less. VAR actually was used correctly, confirmed the officials call on the field of contact. 
And so it goes

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2019, 03:16:26 PM »
It was a cheap penalty, but a penalty none the less. VAR actually was used correctly, confirmed the officials call on the field of contact. 

I would have to say that rather than it being a cheap penalty... It was actually quite expensive...   ;)