Author Topic: Vystar CEO Personally Investing in Downtown  (Read 2808 times)

KenFSU

Vystar CEO Personally Investing in Downtown
« on: June 07, 2019, 01:48:33 PM »
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 01:51:19 PM by KenFSU »

Steve

• The Jaxson
Re: Vystar CEO Personally Investing in Downtown
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 02:18:35 PM »
Awesome!

Now, I'm surprised how you'd get 5-6 apartments in this building (there's two windows in the front and let's assume two in the back), but that's another matter

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 02:41:27 PM »
Pretty cool. It would be interesting to see what the investments in Buffalo have been to get a better read on what he could be trying to accomplish with his plans here.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Jagsdrew

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2019, 03:10:05 PM »
Pretty cool. It would be interesting to see what the investments in Buffalo have been to get a better read on what he could be trying to accomplish with his plans here.

I thought the mayor was going to demo that building for a scenic grass lot to attract the hundreds of thousands living in greater Jacksonville metropolitan area to downtown? But now we got people wanting to invest and redevelop existing property. Sheesh!

<Insert heavy sarcasm>
Twitter: @Jagsdrew

DrQue

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2019, 03:34:59 PM »
I'd love to see more patient capital at work in downtown. Over time small projects like this add up.

Steve

• The Jaxson
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2019, 03:46:06 PM »
I'd love to see more patient capital at work in downtown. Over time small projects like this add up.

And likely will have more impact than a Lot J.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2019, 04:36:11 PM »

And likely will have more impact than a Lot J.

Fixed...
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Snaketoz

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2019, 08:17:14 PM »
Surely, Jacksonville can be a better investment than Buffalo.  Buffalo is shrinking, we're growing.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2019, 09:38:53 PM »
Detroit as a whole is shrinking but its downtown is growing leaps and bounds. In Jax, we've just witnessed a net loss of nearly 30 downtown businesses within the past month. I haven't been to Buffalo in a decade but I'd assume he's not investing in keeping buildings boarded up. It would be interesting to see what they've done.

heights unknown

• HEIGHTS UNKNOWN (DAMMIT!)
    • FRESH START SOCIAL SERVICES
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2019, 10:55:11 PM »
https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/article/vystar-ceo-brian-wolfburg-personally-investing-in-downtown-property

This is more exciting to me than anything going on at the stadium.
I like what I am reading here. I just hope he continues with his vision and momentum in integrating Vystar into helping downtown to prosper and move to the next level.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ACCESS MY PERSONAL FACEBOOK PAGE AT: https://www.facebook.com/garrybernardcoston.personal, or, access my Social Service Agency Facebook page if you love supporting charities/social entities at: https://www.facebook.com/FRESHSTARTSOCIALSERVICEAGENCY/; thank you!!!

ProjectMaximus

• Firewalking Journey
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2019, 12:06:06 AM »
Wolfburg is leading the Chamber's trip to Buffalo this summer:

https://www.myjaxchamber.com/index.php?src=sba&srctype=geteventdetails&cale_id=6230

Detroit as a whole is shrinking but its downtown is growing leaps and bounds. In Jax, we've just witnessed a net loss of nearly 30 downtown businesses within the past month. I haven't been to Buffalo in a decade but I'd assume he's not investing in keeping buildings boarded up. It would be interesting to see what they've done.

I was in Buffalo summer of 2017, only for one night, but it was a very lively scene along the waterfront. I believe it was a weeknight too when I was there.

KenFSU

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2019, 08:21:54 AM »
 I don't think a lot of local people realize how dead the Northbank is in comparison with the downtowns of other major US cities. I was last in Buffalo back in 2008. It wasn't Boston but it wasn't Jax either. Even then, there were some spots with a lot of activity. For example, you could find options for food even on a Sunday morning. Elmwood Avenue was also pretty impressive and the architecture and Olmsted parks were great as well.

Snaketoz

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2019, 08:32:08 AM »
https://www.bestplaces.net/compare-cities/buffalo_ny/jacksonville_fl/overview
I was surprised that the median age in Buffalo is younger than Jacksonville.

jaxjags

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2019, 03:04:18 PM »
I don't think a lot of local people realize how dead the Northbank is in comparison with the downtowns of other major US cities. I was last in Buffalo back in 2008. It wasn't Boston but it wasn't Jax either. Even then, there were some spots with a lot of activity. For example, you could find options for food even on a Sunday morning. Elmwood Avenue was also pretty impressive and the architecture and Olmsted parks were great as well.

I totally agree that the city and DIA have huge problems making DT better. As a general observation, I know Buffalo has Lake Erie, but neither Buffalo nor Oklahoma City have miles of ocean beaches to compete with DT.

My opinion is city and JEA need to unload all of their DT properties at low costs if not free to developers of all types with one stipulation. No surface parking lot. Let's see what DT looks like 10 years from now.