Author Topic: Chomp chomp is closing this Saturday  (Read 979 times)

Kiva

Chomp chomp is closing this Saturday
« on: June 06, 2019, 11:36:28 AM »
We loved Chomp chomp when it was downtown. Now it is closing for good. https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/jacksonville/say-it-isnt-so-chomp-chomp-is-closing-this-weekend

dp8541

Re: Chomp chomp is closing this Saturday
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 12:24:59 PM »
That is unfortunate.  I haven't been in probably 6 months, but they never seemed to have much of a crowd in the new location

jax_hwy_engineer

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 12:35:03 PM »
Dang, this is really unfortunate. It's an odd location they moved to, but given the way they (and Burro Bar, which they had a great relationship with) were forced out of their Downtown location, they really caught a raw deal.

Welp, I know where I'm getting dinner tonight (and maybe tomorrow, too)

pierre

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 02:42:56 PM »
Not a huge shock. When I went, there was almost nobody in there. It is an odd location for sure.

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2019, 02:52:22 PM »
Really sorry to hear that. Their food was always great in both locations. Though like a lot of people we ate there a lot less after the move to Fairfax.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

JaxAvondale

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2019, 04:47:44 PM »
The last few times that I went there it wasn’t packed. I was hoping that they could have gotten a lift from the new apartments once they were fully occupied. We will see if Ale Pie House will be able to hold out until there is more residents in the area.

jax_hwy_engineer

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2019, 07:35:39 AM »
Went by yesterday around 8:30, but they were turning people away saying they were done for the night/out of food? Hopefully I can get over there tonight after work for one last westsider with those house made chips :,(