Author Topic: BEACH ROAD  (Read 1896 times)

acme54321

BEACH ROAD
« on: June 01, 2019, 09:55:29 AM »
Just drove by Beach Road and saw a big for sale sign on the property.  Anyone know what's going on?

As far a food the place is way over rated, chicken is good but everything else is trash.  It's a landmark though.

Charles Hunter

Snaketoz

Re: BEACH ROAD
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2019, 07:46:23 PM »
I don't buy chicken dinners anymore.  Used to get them at Beach Rd occasionally back in the 80s and thought the chicken was fair.  I would much rather have a Chick-fil-A sandwich.  Beach Rd Chicken got by with mid grade chicken and a lot of tradition.

copperfiend

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 08:26:44 AM »
I went there a few times and really never got the big deal.

Captain Zissou

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2019, 09:31:15 AM »
I heard a local restaurant group was interested in the space, but I don't think there is anything definite.

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2019, 10:00:30 AM »
I heard a local restaurant group was interested in the space, but I don't think there is anything definite.

I think we should demo it and use it as a parking lot.
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

Charles Hunter

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2019, 10:17:54 AM »

No, a vacant field of grass and weeds.  It can be Site #11 on the Jaxson Open Field Tour.

Kerry

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2019, 03:55:35 PM »

...or a park.
Third Place

Bativac

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2019, 05:17:28 PM »
Crazy how legendary this place was supposed to be and I never ever heard anyone who had actually eaten there say anything other than "eh." I ate there twice when I lived nearby five or six years ago and wasn't impressed.

It's in a weird location. I can't imagine that's a desirable place for much of anything based on the businesses that surround it (and there's no way that building isn't a tear-down)

copperfiend

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2019, 06:39:27 PM »

I hope it's a Fuddruckers

Snaketoz

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2019, 08:31:50 PM »
Crazy how legendary this place was supposed to be and I never ever heard anyone who had actually eaten there say anything other than "eh." I ate there twice when I lived nearby five or six years ago and wasn't impressed.

It's in a weird location. I can't imagine that's a desirable place for much of anything based on the businesses that surround it (and there's no way that building isn't a tear-down)
At one time that was a very hot area in Jax.  Before Beach Blvd. everyone travelling to the beach used Beach Rd. (Atlantic Blvd.)  There was a famous drive-in close by that I can't remember the name of right now, and not much afterwards until you got to the ICW.  Blitch's at the ICW always got my attention due to the devil with a pitchfork on their sign.  As late as the 70s, there was little on Beach after SS Blvd.