Author Topic: Urban Construction Update - May 2019  (Read 2319 times)

Jagsdrew

Re: Urban Construction Update - May 2019
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2019, 11:25:55 AM »
With interstate access now available that area, it has become valuable for development and hopefully over time you’ll see improvements to the commercial corridor.
Twitter: @Jagsdrew

Jagsdrew

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2019, 01:41:19 PM »
Also, I wish Phillips, Kins Ave and Atlantic Blvd all were more pedestrian friendly with bike lanes. Additionally, Atlantic Blvd between Hendricks Ave and 95 needs a road diet.
Twitter: @Jagsdrew

ProjectMaximus

• Firewalking Journey
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2019, 09:19:04 PM »
Good, this will mesh well with the new apartment complex going up a bit South of there on US 1. Hopefully the combo will push some redevelopment to the sore spot that is the Super 8 and Scottish Inn

Several years ago, my employer had a contract with the Scottish Inn to provide X number of rooms to clients. I'd go there to meet with them a couple times a week. Have some interesting stories  : )

That's a brave admission Bill. I wouldn't tell anyone that I frequently met clients at the Scottish Inn...

Bill Hoff

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2019, 07:48:09 AM »
Didn't hookers, prostitutes, and drug addicts used to frequent Scottish Inn?

I heard it was gypsies, tramps, and thieves ...

Yes & yes. Still do.

Bill Hoff

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2019, 07:50:43 AM »
Good, this will mesh well with the new apartment complex going up a bit South of there on US 1. Hopefully the combo will push some redevelopment to the sore spot that is the Super 8 and Scottish Inn

Several years ago, my employer had a contract with the Scottish Inn to provide X number of rooms to clients. I'd go there to meet with them a couple times a week. Have some interesting stories  : )

That's a brave admission Bill. I wouldn't tell anyone that I frequently met clients at the Scottish Inn...

Ha. And for totally unrelated reasons, I also spent the night at the infamous Gator Lodge (just recently rebranded) back in the day. Also an amusing story.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 05:20:15 PM by Bill Hoff »

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2019, 10:01:22 AM »
Lol would love to hear the story behind that one!
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali