Author Topic: Decriminalize Cannabis. Our City Council Member Needs Help!  (Read 796 times)

CreateLoveSmile

« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 06:21:37 PM by CreateLoveSmile »

CreateLoveSmile

Re: Take Action to Help JSO Combat Violent Crimes
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 06:18:27 PM »
Does anyone in this City Support the Decriminalization of Cannabis/Marijuana/MedicinalMarijuana

CreateLoveSmile

Re: Decriminalize Cannabis. Our City Council Member Needs Help!
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 06:44:17 PM »
It's not about whether you smoke it or even have a prescription for it. Why is our city and state 20 years behind most of the other states in our Country? Do you really believe that someone should go to jail for simple possession of marijuana aka cannabis aka weed or whatever you may or may not call it. This is but a minor step to get to inch closer to laws in over 30 other states.

If possession of this "drug" is more dangerous than speeding, which actually can kill someone, than I must have lost my mind. In our Southern, Modern Metropolis, a black council member is simply trying to allow our police agencies to give a ticket, instead of taking someone to jail. Meanwhile, all kinds of people of all ages are being shot throughout our city, while some dedicated Officer, Sworn to Protect & Serve, is spending half his shift just to book someone for having a joint. It's time to get real!

KenFSU

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 10:26:22 PM »
It's cute that you care, but you're just not thinking this through.

If we decriminalize all of the recreational drugs, how do you expect the JSO to clean up the streets? Without the power to search and sieze random citizens who brazenly show gang ties - workboots, black skin, Anna Brosche bumper stickers - it's practically a lost cause.

I swear, everyone wants to have their cake and eat it too.

Like we can just randomly decriminalize a bush whilst still being able to enjoy a city that only experiences a mere TEN violent, blood-drenched homicides a month.

Even the parents of these 59 victims would probably agree that if the cops could have only been in one place that night, it was best that they were breaking up that Fortnite game off Moncrief.

MusicMan

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2019, 10:53:13 AM »
Ken perhaps you are the one "not thinking this through."  According to many health care experts, alcohol is widely recognized as more dangerous that marijuana. Yet it's legal. Tobacco causes cancer but it's legal.  There is a demand for pot and it's being met whether the law allows it or not. The criminalization of it has not curbed the appetite for it, only made a lot of "criminals" wealthy. Big win there, huh?

Snaketoz

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2019, 11:16:35 AM »
I can remember a time back in the 70s when beer was going for $1 a six pack, people would pay $20 for a bootlegged six pack of Coors.  As soon as they brought Coors to the East it lost all it's luster.  Much like the hot babe you can't believe would leave the bar with you and engage in a night of hot sex.  There must be something wrong with her.  Why did she leave with me?  Does she do this with every guy she meets?  I think I'll forget about her. Much the same with cannabis.  The rush you get getting your score home.  The perfect hiding spot to stash it, and the sure thrill of breaking the law and avoiding the judicial system adds much to it's mystique.  If it is decriminalized it might just go the way of Coors.

KenFSU

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2019, 12:09:08 PM »
Ken perhaps you are the one "not thinking this through."

You know what happened to the last country that decriminalized cannabis?

It married its SISTER.

MusicMan

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2019, 12:55:12 PM »
Did it's SISTER used to be it's BROTHER?

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2019, 04:28:30 PM »

If we decriminalize all of the recreational drugs, how do you expect the JSO to clean up the streets? Without the power to search and sieze random citizens who brazenly show gang ties - workboots, black skin, Anna Brosche bumper stickers - it's practically a lost cause.

Like we can just randomly decriminalize a bush whilst still being able to enjoy a city that only experiences a mere TEN violent, blood-drenched homicides a month.

Even the parents of these 59 victims would probably agree that if the cops could have only been in one place that night, it was best that they were breaking up that Fortnite game off Moncrief.

Ken, you are on fire lately. But lets keep it remotely realistic. Did the stealth Brosche campaign even have bumper stickers?

Kiva

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2019, 08:42:18 PM »

If we decriminalize all of the recreational drugs, how do you expect the JSO to clean up the streets?
So now you expand it to "all recreational drugs"? Big jump. Nobody things that weed and heroin are remotely similar.

KenFSU

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2019, 10:23:13 PM »
Man, I

Ken, you are on fire lately. But lets keep it remotely realistic. Did the stealth Brosche campaign even have bumper stickers?

Good point, Matt!

And thanks, based on this thread, I was starting to worry that my ability to do sarcasm was irrevocably broken :D