Author Topic: WHY IS LENNY CURRY STILL MAYOR?!?!?  (Read 1754 times)

BossmanOdum10

WHY IS LENNY CURRY STILL MAYOR?!?!?
« on: May 07, 2019, 01:07:36 PM »
In my OPINION......I've seen and heard nothing but negative actions and things regarding the mayor YET he's still in office, still destroying downtown, still gambling with the city's future. I'm looking for some other opinions and views on this serious matter! This city deserves the best, do you agree?

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
Re: WHY IS LENNY CURRY STILL MAYOR?!?!?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 01:21:26 PM »
He's mayor because the majority of those who participated in the city's elections, voted for him. It's as simple as that. He's not going anywhere for the next few years.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

BossmanOdum10

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 01:35:30 PM »
That part is obvious lol Thanks for that clarification kind sir! But I'm just trying to grasp what exactly people see in Lenny? Why the majority of voters feel that he's good for the city. That's all
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 01:37:31 PM by BossmanOdum10 »

Snaketoz

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 01:37:12 PM »
Not only is he going to be around for a few more years, the wise voters in Duval County have elected Lenny-clones to the Council.  He can't lose.  He has the Council, The sheriff's office, JFRD, the State's Attorney, most of the board seats, the business leaders, Shad, the governor, state house and senate, and our dear president Trump to help him get the fat cat's agenda enacted.  By the time the voters come to their senses, Jacksonville will look like Dresden after February 1944.

Snaketoz

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2019, 01:38:57 PM »
I left one out.  Now he has Tommy Hazouri under his spell.

JeffreyS

• Demand Evidence and Think Critically.
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2019, 01:41:32 PM »
Step one get out and vote for Sunny asap. Early voting has started.
"If it was that bad she would have reported it" Donald Trump

Charles Hunter

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2019, 03:52:03 PM »

and Lisa King (county-wide)

Kerry

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2019, 04:25:08 PM »
Not only is he going to be around for a few more years, the wise voters in Duval County have elected Lenny-clones to the Council.  He can't lose.  He has the Council, The sheriff's office, JFRD, the State's Attorney, most of the board seats, the business leaders, Shad, the governor, state house and senate, and our dear president Trump to help him get the fat cat's agenda enacted.  By the time the voters come to their senses, Jacksonville will look like Dresden after February 1944.

What exactly is the fat cat agenda?
Third Place

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2019, 05:28:36 PM »

Eat Lasagna and cuddle with Pooky.

bill

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2019, 08:39:34 PM »

That went well

Snaketoz

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2019, 07:37:00 AM »

To me, the Fat Cat agenda is people of means choosing people who can help them financially, politically, and socially.  The get, finance, and promote marginal people to run for office and pass laws that either protect or further enrich them.  Fat cats are not interested in the city, state, or federal condition.  It's all about them.  Tax laws that help the rich, land deals, government contracts, etc.  Mar-A-Lago is a prime example of a fat cat's ideal den.  Meet other people of means, conspire to elect lackeys, give out contracts, etc.  Out of the view of the public.  We are in the midst of a Fat Cat Era.

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2019, 07:50:42 AM »

That went well

Based upon turnout, I was say that Democrats have an infinite amount of time to rant about Republicans but just couldn't find the time to vote.

Kerry

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2019, 10:25:06 AM »

To me, the Fat Cat agenda is people of means choosing people who can help them financially, politically, and socially.  The get, finance, and promote marginal people to run for office and pass laws that either protect or further enrich them.  Fat cats are not interested in the city, state, or federal condition.  It's all about them.  Tax laws that help the rich, land deals, government contracts, etc.  Mar-A-Lago is a prime example of a fat cat's ideal den.  Meet other people of means, conspire to elect lackeys, give out contracts, etc.  Out of the view of the public.  We are in the midst of a Fat Cat Era.

Well that has been going on for centuries although I will agree that it is frustrating.  I still maintain that the ultimate fat cat in Jax is the Jags, and now more than ever.  The Jags were one of those magic bullet projects that the City landed, and true to form, the payoff never came so now we are going 25 years of deficit funding them at the expense of almost everything else.  And for what, so our dead downtown is shown on national tv a few times per year?  It would have been cheaper to just buy commercials in prime time.

The absolute best thing that can happen to Jax is for Khan and Company to pack up and move.
Third Place

Steve

• The Jaxson
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2019, 10:47:19 AM »
....so now we are going 25 years of deficit funding them at the expense of almost everything else.

What is your source on this?

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2019, 11:53:39 AM »
I still maintain that the ultimate fat cat in Jax is the Jags, and now more than ever.  The Jags were one of those magic bullet projects that the City landed, and true to form, the payoff never came so now we are going 25 years of deficit funding them at the expense of almost everything else.  And for what, so our dead downtown is shown on national tv a few times per year?  It would have been cheaper to just buy commercials in prime time.

The absolute best thing that can happen to Jax is for Khan and Company to pack up and move.

While I expect we are in 100% agreement on subsidies for the NFL, I think the end result of Jags or no Jags is irrelevant for Jax unless you are adding completely new leadership to the what if? game. No matter how you feel about Public funds being used for the Jags(or directed elsewhere), DT should be thriving at this point whether Jax ever got the Jags or not. Do you really believe the "Jag funds" would have been directed intelligently with amazing results?

I think there is a strong enough track record of wasted "non-jags"money to give us a pretty clear picture . And how about the Better Jacksonville plan*** boondoggle? Yeah, that was used efficiently with brilliant DT results.

And you want to give the same groups the money that was used for the Jags too?!?!

Hell, the Jags "investment" might be their best as laughable as that is.

I also think it is irrelevant whether the Jags stay or go as to any future success. I would prefer they stay but with only one hand shoved in my tax payer pockets instead of two. More likely a foot will be added though.

***Note, I know not to criticize anything related to Mayor Tefloney. He is the greatest mayor in the history of mayors.(hoping for my MJ social credit score to be adjusted ) To be clear, I have no issue with the original idea. But...and this is shocking I know.... it became a boondoggle.***