Author Topic: St. Johns County students disciplined for swastika posts, racist threat  (Read 1263 times)

Tacachale

• Administrator

Only on Action News Jax: St. Johns County students disciplined for swastika posts, racist threat
By: Ben Becker , Action News Jax

Updated: Apr 25, 2019 - 10:10 AM

ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. - Only on Action News Jax, new pictures show local students covered in painted-on swastikas. One social media post even included a racist threat.

An Action News Jax Investigation has revealed those students have been disciplined.

Action News Jax investigator Ben Becker found that the St. Johns County Sheriff’s Office is now looking into the threat.

The parents Becker spoke with shared with him a letter outlining their concerns over how the St. Johns County School District is handling the situation.

Swastikas, Adolph Hitler and Snapchats with a racial slur: These are the social media images circulating around Creekside High School.

“Really disappointed," said St. Johns County School District Superintendent Tim Forson.

https://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/local/only-on-action-news-jax-st-johns-county-students-disciplined-for-swastika-posts-racist-threat/943203999?fbclid=IwAR0PJtp2nRTkHojD9ue8pirwKuqkcGaxX1zIvlYUgiW9OnjEbHg8Q6FBvds
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

Charles Hunter

Idiots.

sandyshoes

I agree that those students are idiots, but what of the 'artists' who write and perform music that incites and ignites violence with name-calling, profanity, and all sorts of racist language?  As long as women, and different ethnic groups hear themselves referred to in politically incorrect terms, isn't that exacerbating the bigger issue?  White hate groups have been targeted for precisely the same thing that other hate groups still get away with.  Kinda like slapping the wrong kid for what the other one did...the real perpetrator just grins and keeps on going with the offensive behavior. Granted we cannot paint everyone with the same brush, but we can correct those of our own racial groups when we see/hear this going on.  I think it has to start there.  I really can't believe no women's groups have squawked about being called [insert the word that offends you most here].  So they bury their heads in the sand and allow it to continue with no repercussions to the performer's pocketbook.  Society keeps failing itself and we have to figure out where.  As long as there exists a 'this is ok for US, but not for YOU' mentality, it's just going to keep doing so.  Thanks for letting me have my dollar's worth here. 

Tacachale

• Administrator
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

Ken_FSU