Author Topic: JEA Selects Downtown For New Corporate Headquarters  (Read 2515 times)

vicupstate

Re: JEA Selects Downtown For New Corporate Headquarters
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2019, 01:13:42 PM »
I am real fuzzy on this, but isn't the attendance at First Baptist much lower than it was a decade or two back, like thousands less?  If so, I doubt they would have a llegit use for more property. 
"The problem with quotes on the internet is you can never be certain they're authentic." - Abraham Lincoln

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2019, 01:44:01 PM »
I am real fuzzy on this, but isn't the attendance at First Baptist much lower than it was a decade or two back, like thousands less?  If so, I doubt they would have a llegit use for more property.

Well, FBC's reported membership was much lower several years ago than the numbers they stated historically, but that was at least in part to just keeping their records updated so they weren't counting so many people who no longer attended. But I imagine they're like most churches in seeing a decline in attendance overall, as Ennis said, folks aren't going to church like they used to.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

heights unknown

• HEIGHTS UNKNOWN (DAMMIT!)
    • FRESH START SOCIAL SERVICES
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2019, 10:13:15 PM »
Regarding FBC, in 80's, and 90's attendance was crazy silly. I think after Homer and his Son passed is when attendance began to suffer. If this is the case and attendance is thousands less than decades ago, they need to free up some of those properties.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ACCESS MY PERSONAL FACEBOOK PAGE AT: https://www.facebook.com/garrybernardcoston.personal, or, access my Social Service Agency Facebook page if you love supporting charities/social entities at: https://www.facebook.com/FRESHSTARTSOCIALSERVICEAGENCY/; thank you!!!

edjax

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2019, 05:05:58 PM »
I saw where the City has to put out this property out to bid.  So.........what if Iguana places a higher bid than Ryan. Does the city have to accept the highest bid?  Seems like Iguana could halt it and then when the decision was made on Ryan it stated if,they could not close on the land then the next highest scorer which would be Lot J would enter into negotiations.  Ok. Shad conspiracy theorist go..........

Papa33

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2019, 09:22:22 AM »
TU Article mentions that the City bought this property originally in the hopes that it would be the site of the 1st DCA Annex/Jacksonville office.  Anyone know what happened?  Does the 1st DCA have space that is uses in the courthouse?

Kerry

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2019, 09:34:24 AM »
I saw where the City has to put out this property out to bid.  So.........what if Iguana places a higher bid than Ryan. Does the city have to accept the highest bid?  Seems like Iguana could halt it and then when the decision was made on Ryan it stated if,they could not close on the land then the next highest scorer which would be Lot J would enter into negotiations.  Ok. Shad conspiracy theorist go..........

No worries, Khan would need a hand out from the City before he spent any of his own money.
Third Place