Author Topic: San Marco Parking Salvation!  (Read 3444 times)

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
Re: San Marco Parking Salvation!
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2019, 11:51:32 AM »
Saw them last night slowing down traffic on Hendricks

Good. An unintended benefit. Be a real shame if self absorbed  a-holes had to slow down.

bl8jaxnative

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2019, 03:21:09 PM »
Saw them last night slowing down traffic on Hendricks

Considering JSO avoids dealing with the reckless drivers on Hendricks, hopefully this buggy will help.

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2019, 09:42:07 AM »
Some scuttlebugg:

Live with 2 buggies for now...hoping for 4 but will depend on sponsors. Sponsors include hotels as well as San Marco Place/Strand which I would think would generate some use.

Wayne Weaver allegedly used it. Funny and great if true.

I haven't used it yet but appears to be only sponsor stop to sponsor stop. However, I cannot confirm that. If true,  I will probably try to pu$h that envelope on the way home....

acme54321

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2019, 10:19:44 AM »
Does the app actually work?  At least the Android version doesn't show San Marco as a service area.

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2019, 10:30:24 AM »
Does the app actually work?  At least the Android version doesn't show San Marco as a service area.
That version looked fine to me in the Square yesterday but I didn't request a ride so cannot confirm it will actually work :)

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2019, 09:07:48 AM »
I love the buggies so hopefully this isn’t just me seeing what what I want to see but they seem to be popular. As best I can determine they are bringing a decent amount of people from SB area to the Square.

Also, it feels like I am seeing more of what I witnessed last night...a group that lives in the area using the buggy where I know for a fact they would have driven their Canyonaro instead.

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2019, 10:02:34 PM »
Although I have hitched a ride on the buggy just for the hell of it(because I like them in the neighborhood so much), tonight was the first time we have used it “for real”. We normally walk to most places but BB’s near the South Bank is beyond our zone so we went buggy tonight instead of driving.I will give it an 11 on a scale of 10. App was great...ride was fun...driver was cool. It was fantastic for us to walk to the square and then buggy to Bbs. We will be using it to go to the South Bank Saturday night and will now use it to all of our  “non Square ” destinations.

Buggy enhances the quality of our lives so I will be enhancing the alcohol revenue of additional  area merchants and the lives of the drivers.( anytime there is an “honor system” payment I like to make a preemptive strike to make up for cheapskates) Win.Win.Win.

Bill Hoff

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2019, 10:23:52 PM »
Although I have hitched a ride on the buggy just for the hell of it(because I like them in the neighborhood so much), tonight was the first time we have used it “for real”. We normally walk to most places but BB’s near the South Bank is beyond our zone so we went buggy tonight instead of driving.I will give it an 11 on a scale of 10. App was great...ride was fun...driver was cool. It was fantastic for us to walk to the square and then buggy to Bbs. We will be using it to go to the South Bank Saturday night and will now use it to all of our  “non Square ” destinations.

Buggy enhances the quality of our lives so I will be enhancing the alcohol revenue of additional  area merchants and the lives of the drivers.( anytime there is an “honor system” payment I like to make a preemptive strike to make up for cheapskates) Win.Win.Win.

Thought about just buying a golf cart? Literally dozens of my neighbors have golf carts now and drive them around our hood, into Downtown, etc. Apparently it's a thing.

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2019, 10:29:47 PM »

Thought about just buying a golf cart? Literally dozens of my neighbors have golf carts now and drive them around our hood, into Downtown, etc. Apparently it's a thing.

No, it will never be our thing. But I have considered buying my own spike strip to lay in front of the trust fund brats tooling around here in a golf cart.

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2019, 02:18:21 PM »
Saturday night buggy experience Square >Doubletree >Square was excellent.

However, now I  a little worried about how it’s doing as there is only one running in SanMarco. Thought they had two. Hopefully, the new multi family developments will sponsor/support it.

Must keep the buggy.

MusicMan

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2019, 08:14:21 AM »
Is there a fee?

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2019, 08:25:09 AM »
Is there a fee?

It is free but the drivers work for tips.

Since we have guests, Tonight  will be SMM family buggy night! Few households are as exciting as ours.

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2019, 09:05:18 AM »
We completed our buggy hat trick( only 3 places we frequent regularly that we don’t walk to) but with the Light parade creating extra activity, the buggy ran out of charge Saturday night!

However, I was told a second buggy should be arriving soon so 2 will be running at busier times. Good news.