Author Topic: New Bakery Cafe  (Read 658 times)

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
New Bakery Cafe
« on: January 31, 2019, 10:09:24 AM »
Allegedly, Sara’s Bakery Cafe is taking over the ill fated Donut Factory ( shockingly could not compete with Good Dough)next to Stans sandwich shop. I say allegedly because the coming soon sign feels like it has been up for a decade and even the hours have been posted for months.

I was all ready worried about her chances based upon competition in the area. The delays have just added to that thought.

But, I will try it if it ever opens. Please be good and please be well capitalized.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 10:12:17 AM by sanmarcomatt »

sandyshoes

Re: New Bakery Cafe
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 01:31:11 PM »
I was hoping you meant Simply Sara's, before I googled it...dang. 

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
Re: New Bakery Cafe
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 12:16:03 PM »
Certified Open!

Stopped in due to the amusing 'finally open banner', and the delays were mainly from city complication caused by deadbeat/shyster previous occupant. There is a relationship with Stans so this should help with some built in regulars and stability which is good news.

Appears to be more of a buy to takeaway place so the multitude of coffee shops in the area shouldn't be much of an issue.

Items are small and inexpensive and the cinnamon twist donut (of course) I tried was fine.I am very pleased that the items aren't made big enough to feed a family of 4 so I will be try more things in the future.

It is no frills on the inside and the coffee is just a pot but good enough and everyone was incredibly nice! My first thought is that they will be easy to support.