Author Topic: La Cena?  (Read 1373 times)

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
Re: La Cena?
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2019, 11:58:40 AM »

For you longtime members, anyone have a bad experience at Moon River Pizza recently?

That is great. I forgot about that thread. That was hilarious.

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2019, 12:00:24 PM »

For you longtime members, anyone have a bad experience at Moon River Pizza recently?

That is great. I forgot about that thread. That was hilarious.

Thanks for that. I’d forgotten it too. Classic.
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

downtownbrown

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2019, 02:27:47 PM »
I don't know anything about his  relationship to the homeless.  But when he was on Laura he was notorious for the slowest dinner service in the history of dinner service.  Has that changed at his new location?

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2019, 11:36:44 AM »
Our group went last night and we had a great meal. Added bonus was that we felt incredibly young as it seemed like we were one of the few sub 50 tables.

Service was good, interior better than expected, and the food was great. Food probably took awhile but we never care as we tend to linger/ border on “things that won’t leave”at restaurants anyway.

Only critique is that the pricing is a joke. The place is expensive for Italian and the good news is they give you small,medium,full portion options but the differences between them are only $1 or 2 which might be the dumbest pricing I have ever seen. Oh, and there is an $18 up charge if someone doesn’t order an entree. Even the most basic of pasta dishes was upper 20’s. The portions are large so if you are into eating the same meal for leftovers for a day or two, it is fine since the quality is so high. That isn’t our thing so we likely won’t be back.

Glad we finally tried it as the food was excellent. Best Italian we have had in Jax. I never saw the owner so can’t chime in on him.

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2019, 12:01:50 PM »
...interior better than expected...

I'll give you a Bridge Troll "LOL" for that. Talk about damning with faint praise!

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2019, 02:38:04 PM »
 8)

I'll give you a Bridge Troll "LOL" for that. Talk about damning with faint praise!

Best Italian we have had in Jax is what sticks with me... shocking that you saw something damning... rofl...
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2019, 03:45:08 PM »
8)

Best Italian we have had in Jax is what sticks with me... shocking that you saw something damning... rofl...

Do you not understand the idiom?

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2019, 04:08:02 PM »

Sorry, that wasn’t a great way to put it but based upon the exterior and Jax restaurants in general, I had low expectations. However, while it wasn’t a “wow”,  I thought it was nice inside with a ton of art on the walls and wine prominently displayed (I am a sucker for that look).

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2019, 06:18:33 PM »

Sorry, that wasn’t a great way to put it but based upon the exterior and Jax restaurants in general, I had low expectations. However, while it wasn’t a “wow”,  I thought it was nice inside with a ton of art on the walls and wine prominently displayed (I am a sucker for that look).

I just thought it was a funny way to describe it - particularly in light of how positive you were about the food.

ProjectMaximus

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2019, 09:53:58 AM »
8)

what sticks with me is SMM is supposedly sub 50.