Author Topic: The Political Future of a Changing Jacksonville  (Read 2093 times)

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
Re: The Political Future of a Changing Jacksonville
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2019, 08:37:02 PM »
The best part is that the pain will probably not be really bad until the current clowns are long gone.

I agree with your perspective.  I think Curry could be vulnerable on this issue if the opposition found a way to "explain" that the pension-can has simply been kicked down the road at far greater costs to the taxpayers.  They could mimic Trump by dumbing down this "complex concept" to a handful of emotionally charged sayings, even if misleading or oversimplified.  Oh, the irony of a Trump-style campaign doing in a Trump protege  8).

Sadly, Brosche can’t use it since she was on the council and bears responsibility as well. I think she was the only member to ask an intelligent question, though. It has been too long since I read the meeting transcripts.
Moot anyway since most don’t care about the subject and even more don’t understand it. Hell, Curry will be bragging about it.

JeffreyS

• Demand Evidence and Think Critically.
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2019, 08:36:39 AM »
I agree with Matt that the pension won't be an issue even though it should be.
"If it was that bad she would have reported it" Donald Trump

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2019, 08:57:29 AM »
The pension won't be an issue. Internet comments from our certified financial Einsteins aside, Curry's not politically vulnerable on the issue, and at any rate, there's little daylight between his position and Brosche's. Brosche will focus on things like crime, Curry's sharp-elbowed style, and possibly the JEA sale, if she ever gets any ads out.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2019, 09:13:10 AM »
The pension won't be an issue. Internet comments from our certified financial Einsteins aside, Curry's not politically vulnerable on the issue, and at any rate, there's little daylight between his position and Brosche's. Brosche will focus on things like crime, Curry's sharp-elbowed style, and possibly the JEA sale, if she ever gets any ads out.

100% agree. I might feel differently If the highly educated financially challenged fools had listened to the certified financial ensteins in the past.