Author Topic: Local News is Just an Extension of the Leftist Nat'l Media  (Read 3246 times)

marcuscnelson

• Generation Z - Totally Screwed
Re: Local News is Just an Extension of the Leftist Nat'l Media
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2019, 07:56:53 PM »
The American Psychological Association is "leftist propaganda"?

Is everything you personally disagree with leftist propaganda?

I-10east

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2019, 09:09:50 PM »
^^^Yes it's propaganda, exactly!!! Some liberal well to do people sitting in their ivory towers, spouting off anti-hetersexual leftist psuedoscience is propaganda. Not everything I disagree with is leftist propaganda. Propaganda can come with any political mindset; in modernity, the left is just the champions of it.

bill

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2019, 10:22:01 PM »
The channel in San Diego KUSI is too real for CNN. This is what happens when propaganda doesn't go according to plan.

https://www.kusi.com/cnn-requests-kusi-for-local-view-on-the-border-declines-our-reporter-after-finding-out-wall-works/

Crickets

I-10east

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2019, 10:30:39 PM »
^^^Yep, crickets is what CNN's audience is reduced to. They better be thankful for airports all over the country broadcasting their programming. Anything you wanna add? Let me guess, KUSI is radical alt right propaganda, and CNN is unbiased fine programming, amirite???

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2019, 04:28:20 PM »
More incoming leftist propaganda flooding our local news. ANJ are getting torn to shreds on FB. I apologize for being a straight man....

https://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/trending-now/traditional-masculinity-deemed-harmful-by-american-psychological-association/903598881

The Action News Jax story, which was actually republished from the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, appears to accurately report what was in the APA document. Accurate reporting of news that some people don't like isn't "propaganda".
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2019, 04:44:21 PM »
Everyone has their biases but the difference with serious journalists is that they at least make an effort to keep them in check. They have codes of ethics to follow, fact checking and editing that is done on their stories, and mechanisms to issue retractions when they’re wrong. On YouTube, you’re getting the unfiltered bias of whoever posted the video. Some clips that have been posted lately are misleading to the point that I’m considering proposing a forum rule that would bar posting them. I’ve never seen that happen with a “mainstream” source, at least not since I’ve been an owner.

Okay, how many of these "serious journalists" are left? In the past, there was alot more credible journalism compared to the present. The so called "codes of ethics to follow when they are wrong" or more specifically "to cover their asses from a lawsuit when they are often wrong" is often buried on page 13 in the newspaper, or like a small retraction hidden on CNN.com, while the damage is already done from the nationally televised fake story. 

Go ahead and Orwellianly ban youtube links from being posted (even if they show info from the MSM with every point made). Censor happy people will not stop the flow of real information from being spreaded on the internet, (just because something is not conveniently leftist enough) no matter how hard yall try. So go on and be another gatekeeper.

I missed this from a few weeks ago. Look. This forum is privately owned. We can allow, or disallow, whatever we want, because America. That said, since I've been involved, it's really pretty remarkable what we allow here in the name of welcoming diverse viewpoints and opinions. We're very light on the banhammer and the delete button. That said, we do not want this to be a place where people can just post misleading content, anymore than we want it to be a place where people bully and insult each other. This isn't that place, not anymore.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2019, 04:51:20 PM »
Everyone has their biases but the difference with serious journalists is that they at least make an effort to keep them in check. They have codes of ethics to follow, fact checking and editing that is done on their stories, and mechanisms to issue retractions when they’re wrong. On YouTube, you’re getting the unfiltered bias of whoever posted the video. Some clips that have been posted lately are misleading to the point that I’m considering proposing a forum rule that would bar posting them. I’ve never seen that happen with a “mainstream” source, at least not since I’ve been an owner.

Not a bad point.  The problem is that mainstream journalism does not have a quality assuarance process.  And that's something that's far more robust than fact checking, which is sparse.

A great example of this is politifact.  It's a child of MSM.  The idea is that they're fact checking the crap the politicians spout.  Yet time after time after time after time they don't fact check.  They just take issue with broad claims and often in ridiculous ways.   My fave for this is this one

https://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/statements/2012/jun/01/scott-walker/wisconsin-recall-scott-walker-says-tom-barrett-pla/

Politifact is just as much opinion as anythign else.  Walker gets the facts correct.  Politifact just lacks logic in things like claiming whether rate payers or the city pays that it's somehow NOT a cost of project ( it is regardless of funding source ).   The biggest doozy is they throw out the absolutely false unicorn claim that somehow there is an issue with the term trolley.  There is not.  Trolley, Tram and streetcar are all correct.   Modern trolley is a pile of marketing BS that only the most doltish of zealots lap up as though it has meaning.

So ya, they don't care about facts. Just their feelings.

https://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/statements/2012/jun/01/scott-walker/wisconsin-recall-scott-walker-says-tom-barrett-pla/

I disagree about that Politifact piece. On the media in general, real problem is that the print media has declined so much that it's harder and harder to afford the kinds of coverage and editing that really make the difference. Things have gotten more generic and more sensational, and it's local news that suffers most.

Cnn and Der Spiegel darling Claas Relotius...  a flat out liar...

That case was pretty amazing. Though Der Spiegel raked him over the coals once his lies were discovered.

marcuscnelson

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2019, 09:47:20 PM »
More incoming leftist propaganda flooding our local news. ANJ are getting torn to shreds on FB. I apologize for being a straight man....

https://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/trending-now/traditional-masculinity-deemed-harmful-by-american-psychological-association/903598881

The Action News Jax story, which was actually republished from the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, appears to accurately report what was in the APA document. Accurate reporting of news that some people don't like isn't "propaganda".

Tacachale, I think you missed the part where he said that the APA itself was propaganda.

^^^Yes it's propaganda, exactly!!! Some liberal well to do people sitting in their ivory towers, spouting off anti-hetersexual leftist psuedoscience is propaganda. Not everything I disagree with is leftist propaganda. Propaganda can come with any political mindset; in modernity, the left is just the champions of it.

I-10east

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2019, 10:21:23 PM »
I'm aware that the 'muh toxic masculinity" piece came from the Atlanta Journal Constitution; that's a moot point, cuz Action News Jax is vouching for it. Wasn't that my point with local news taking these controversial articles (and yes they are controversial) from the CNNs, Atlanta Journal Constitutions, and New York Times's of the world?

One thing I hate is double standards (all of you seem to love). What if an article came out and said "Homosexualality is Deemed Harmful by the blah blah blah" all of you hypocrites would have a cow. So being a straight man is now a partisan position....SMDH...

« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 10:23:04 PM by I-10east »

I-10east

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2019, 10:27:26 PM »
^^^Candace Owens on twitter made an example; she dissected and copied this typical leftist anti-white post, and took out the word 'white' and put in 'Jewish' and 'black' and posted it. Predictably, all of the left wing hypocrites had a cow.... Don't be hypocrites. Treat people as you want to be treated.

bill

« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2019, 11:35:43 PM »
seemingly Dare has reappeared.

marcuscnelson

« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2019, 09:28:11 PM »
^^^Candace Owens on twitter made an example; she dissected and copied this typical leftist anti-white post, and took out the word 'white' and put in 'Jewish' and 'black' and posted it. Predictably, all of the left wing hypocrites had a cow.... Don't be hypocrites. Treat people as you want to be treated.

There are entire sections of Reddit dedicated to just this. Candace Owens isn't special.

One thing I hate is double standards (all of you seem to love). What if an article came out and said "Homosexualality is Deemed Harmful by the blah blah blah" all of you hypocrites would have a cow. So being a straight man is now a partisan position....SMDH...

I'd certainly like to see what justification they would have for making such a claim.

Don't be silly, being a straight man is only a partisan position if you make it one.