Author Topic: Local News is Just an Extension of the Leftist Nat'l Media  (Read 2711 times)

I-10east

Re: Local News is Just an Extension of the Leftist Nat'l Media
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2018, 06:06:05 AM »
I don't think you worship Fox, I just think you either knowingly or unknowingly quote things that they started.  Such as, "liberal media", Obama ruined this great country, etc. I wonder why you are so indignant over mainstream media.  Call it liberal or libtard, whatever, but I would like you to name an instance where the mainstream media lied.  Where do you stand on Trump releasing his tax returns?  I'm sure the conservative media would have had a coronary had Clinton or Obama not provided theirs.  Look how the Donald financed the "birther" dog and pony show.  The reason why there is mainstream media objection to pulling out of Syria is the same reason so many in the conservative White House are against it.  Trump is cancelling treaties, betraying allies, and dividing our country.  How can you not report that?

I'll respond to every one of your takes by individual order, since you clearly have so much to get off your chest.

I have a wide variety of sources (alot from youtube TBH) that I research from. I do not take any individual media as gospel, and above reproach (like yourself with the 'omnipotent' mainstream media). Even when the media was much more respectable with less bias way back yonder, the national media had an agenda to push. Just because you conveniently align with the beliefs of the modern mainstream media, please don't push your normie beliefs on everyone else. You have to be extremely naive to believe everything the MSM news tells you.

The national media has an EXTENSIVE track record of lying, with no sort of accountability. "Trump had no chance of winning" Do they humble themselves? Of course not...I don't know how old you are, but look up "Ted Koppel and Brain Stelter" in a pretty recent gathering. Koppel is a real journalist, and he SONNED that buffon Stelter.

Why are you so concerned about Trump's tax returns, before an audit? Oh, let me see 'muh impeachment" magically somehow...Didn't he released them not all that long ago, and he was VERY generous to the government, and the media went into complete silence....Please think of a new "Drumpft" issue, because "muh tax return" is VERY old....No one from the biased MSM aren't even saying anything about that...

Didn't Hillary start the birther stuff (and you all conveniently forgot)? Keeping it real, if you ask me where Obama was born, I'll say I don't know. He says he was born in Honolulu, Hawaii but an Obama supporter in Arizona found some forgery-esque inconsistencies with his birth certificate in comparison with a dead woman; the national media REFUSED to talk about this. Whatever, it's a moot point, and Obama was indeed an awful president for a wide array of reasons.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk3KRxTfkLM

The reason why the media is against the withdrawal from Syria are because they are anti-Trump globalists wanting the US to play police all around the world. NeoCons and NeoLibs (basically the same thing) are against Trump because he won't be controlled by the globalists of the world (aka Soros, Koch etc etc). 

Trump is a nationalist (not muh white nationalist, because the US is obviously a multicultural country). Trump is DIVIDING Americans from illegal aliens (say what you want about it, but many agree with having a country, and not having all of Latin America in the US). Obama DIVIDED blacks from whites; he DIVIDED the middle class from the poor (mainly through Obamacare); he DIVIDED Christians from Islam; he DIVIDED Republicans from Democrats. Merry Christmas.   

« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 06:52:37 AM by I-10east »

I-10east

« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2018, 06:51:02 AM »
Reality has a liberal bias.

Yup!! ONLY if you're inside a liberal bubble, then liberal bias is 'reality' indeed. 

vicupstate

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2018, 08:28:31 AM »
“I think General Mattis has put his finger on where the president has views that are very, very distinct from the vast majority of Republicans and probably Democrats, elected and unelected.”

— Sen. Pat Toomey (R-PA)

Anytime prior to 2017, Pat Toomey wouldn't be considered anything other than a right of center mainstream Republican by anyone. He is still perceived that why by everyone but Trump loyalists.  His only significant  opposition to Trumpism has been opposition to the tariffs and just recently the departure of Mattis.
"The problem with quotes on the internet is you can never be certain they're authentic." - Abraham Lincoln

Snaketoz

« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2018, 10:59:08 AM »
I don't think you worship Fox, I just think you either knowingly or unknowingly quote things that they started.  Such as, "liberal media", Obama ruined this great country, etc. I wonder why you are so indignant over mainstream media.  Call it liberal or libtard, whatever, but I would like you to name an instance where the mainstream media lied.  Where do you stand on Trump releasing his tax returns?  I'm sure the conservative media would have had a coronary had Clinton or Obama not provided theirs.  Look how the Donald financed the "birther" dog and pony show.  The reason why there is mainstream media objection to pulling out of Syria is the same reason so many in the conservative White House are against it.  Trump is cancelling treaties, betraying allies, and dividing our country.  How can you not report that?

I'll respond to every one of your takes by individual order, since you clearly have so much to get off your chest.

I have a wide variety of sources (alot from youtube TBH) that I research from. I do not take any individual media as gospel, and above reproach (like yourself with the 'omnipotent' mainstream media). Even when the media was much more respectable with less bias way back yonder, the national media had an agenda to push. Just because you conveniently align with the beliefs of the modern mainstream media, please don't push your normie beliefs on everyone else. You have to be extremely naive to believe everything the MSM news tells you.

The national media has an EXTENSIVE track record of lying, with no sort of accountability. "Trump had no chance of winning" Do they humble themselves? Of course not...I don't know how old you are, but look up "Ted Koppel and Brain Stelter" in a pretty recent gathering. Koppel is a real journalist, and he SONNED that buffon Stelter.

Why are you so concerned about Trump's tax returns, before an audit? Oh, let me see 'muh impeachment" magically somehow...Didn't he released them not all that long ago, and he was VERY generous to the government, and the media went into complete silence....Please think of a new "Drumpft" issue, because "muh tax return" is VERY old....No one from the biased MSM aren't even saying anything about that...

Didn't Hillary start the birther stuff (and you all conveniently forgot)? Keeping it real, if you ask me where Obama was born, I'll say I don't know. He says he was born in Honolulu, Hawaii but an Obama supporter in Arizona found some forgery-esque inconsistencies with his birth certificate in comparison with a dead woman; the national media REFUSED to talk about this. Whatever, it's a moot point, and Obama was indeed an awful president for a wide array of reasons.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk3KRxTfkLM

The reason why the media is against the withdrawal from Syria are because they are anti-Trump globalists wanting the US to play police all around the world. NeoCons and NeoLibs (basically the same thing) are against Trump because he won't be controlled by the globalists of the world (aka Soros, Koch etc etc). 

Trump is a nationalist (not muh white nationalist, because the US is obviously a multicultural country). Trump is DIVIDING Americans from illegal aliens (say what you want about it, but many agree with having a country, and not having all of Latin America in the US). Obama DIVIDED blacks from whites; he DIVIDED the middle class from the poor (mainly through Obamacare); he DIVIDED Christians from Islam; he DIVIDED Republicans from Democrats. Merry Christmas.
After reading your response I'm definitely getting my news from youtube in the future.  That has to be the premier site for unbiased news.  Where else can you watch gorillas fight Sumatran tigers in the wild and see hippos eat orangutans? You can believe what you want to believe, that's a fact, but when it comes to the facts the mainstream media is the most unbiased of any other media.  I will continue to believe environmental scientists over Hannity or Limbaugh or youtube.  I believe mainstream media over conservatives as to the ACA.  So far I haven't seen any "death panels" promised by the right. I believe the mainstream media over defense spending as well.  According to Trump, Obama "destroyed" our military, yet we already spend more on "defense" than the next 10 nations combined.  I'm a gunowner, but I believe the mainstream reporting on guns, not the NRAs.
The media's reporting on Trump's chances of winning was just a guess and followed many polls, not bias.  I don't know where you get the Hillary starting the birther question- youtube?  It started with an email from a person with no knowledge of anything valid, just a hunch.
I think the real reason so many are against the pull-out of Syria, is because it's one of the few things we've done, militarily, that has had so much success and had so much assistance from other countries.  Shame to leave now that we have such small pockets of Isis left.
Trump a nationalist?  I think he is more of a brooding, self centered, immature Narcissist.  He wants nothing in his cabinet but unquestioning sycophants.  This is not what is good for our country, but what makes Trump the supreme leader.  He is dividing this country, our allies, and reality.  Tariffs are never right, walls are never useful, and untruthful, exaggerating, philandering morons shouldn't be in the White House.  We heard for decades how the Belin wall was a tragic symbol of the Kremlin's iron fist, now we are considering building one of our own.  That is just not America.  Merry Christmas

I-10east

« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2018, 11:30:37 PM »
^^^You dismiss youtube, but believe in a bunch of national pundits pushed by lobbyists, Silicon Valley and the political elite, okay.. Most political youtubers are very small in finance (esp compared to MSM) and they damn sure aren't backed by the political elite, and censorious big tech. Money usually corrupts everything, and political youtubers are small frys compared to the MSM gatekeepers; the same time MSM audenices declined while alt tech and political youtube audiences has risen. Most millenials and gen Z don't care about cable and the MSM.

Youtube doesn't have a monopoly on conservative speech being the only political discussion you know. There are plenty of liberal yt channels. Hell, even the Young Turks used to tell the truth about alot of things back in the day before they sold out to the top brass of youtube. Regardless of all the political BS with the NRA and you not wanting to be associated with them, isn't the most significant matter is being able to protect you and your loved ones as a gun owner? 

« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 09:28:11 AM by I-10east »

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2018, 09:35:22 AM »
Everyone has their biases but the difference with serious journalists is that they at least make an effort to keep them in check. They have codes of ethics to follow, fact checking and editing that is done on their stories, and mechanisms to issue retractions when they’re wrong. On YouTube, you’re getting the unfiltered bias of whoever posted the video. Some clips that have been posted lately are misleading to the point that I’m considering proposing a forum rule that would bar posting them. I’ve never seen that happen with a “mainstream” source, at least not since I’ve been an owner.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

Snaketoz

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2018, 11:38:53 AM »
If telling the truth is biased, then I like biased news.  You have it completely bass ackwards.  It's the right's lobbyists that has our government in turmoil.  Last I heard it was the conservatives which blocked all forms of reining in the PACs and the limits on donations to political parties.  I don't know who the "political elite" are.  I suppose they are whomever has views opposed to yours.  Youtube is nothing more than an open mike night for anyone who has a video camera.  Some of it maybe good, some bad.  The thing is, it's just someone's view.
The thing that irks me about the NRA is their distain for the facts.  Anything that happens is met with their insistance that we need more guns.  If there is a school shooting, we need to arm teachers. If we have a mass shooting in a nightclub we need more guns.  That you are safer with guns in your home just isn't true.  I have guns in my home, but realize that for everything positive about that is met with even more evidence that it might be bad.  Since you brought up lobbyists, how about the NRAs?  They oppose every measure proposed to keep guns out of the hands of those who shouldn't have them.  And most of all, they prove that by only quoting parts of the 2nd amendment which match their agenda.
Some feel the msm is biased.  To some extent that is correct.  It maybe biased in a way that makes the most sense.  Biased that maybe our gun laws need change, that peace doesn't mean we are sissies, that education is better than ignorance.  If the news seems slanted and you're offended by it, maybe you just don't want to know the truth.  If so, watch what pleases you way of thinking.

bl8jaxnative

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2018, 01:17:02 PM »
Everyone has their biases but the difference with serious journalists is that they at least make an effort to keep them in check. They have codes of ethics to follow, fact checking and editing that is done on their stories, and mechanisms to issue retractions when they’re wrong. On YouTube, you’re getting the unfiltered bias of whoever posted the video. Some clips that have been posted lately are misleading to the point that I’m considering proposing a forum rule that would bar posting them. I’ve never seen that happen with a “mainstream” source, at least not since I’ve been an owner.

Not a bad point.  The problem is that mainstream journalism does not have a quality assuarance process.  And that's something that's far more robust than fact checking, which is sparse.

A great example of this is politifact.  It's a child of MSM.  The idea is that they're fact checking the crap the politicians spout.  Yet time after time after time after time they don't fact check.  They just take issue with broad claims and often in ridiculous ways.   My fave for this is this one

https://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/statements/2012/jun/01/scott-walker/wisconsin-recall-scott-walker-says-tom-barrett-pla/

Politifact is just as much opinion as anythign else.  Walker gets the facts correct.  Politifact just lacks logic in things like claiming whether rate payers or the city pays that it's somehow NOT a cost of project ( it is regardless of funding source ).   The biggest doozy is they throw out the absolutely false unicorn claim that somehow there is an issue with the term trolley.  There is not.  Trolley, Tram and streetcar are all correct.   Modern trolley is a pile of marketing BS that only the most doltish of zealots lap up as though it has meaning.

So ya, they don't care about facts. Just their feelings.

https://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/statements/2012/jun/01/scott-walker/wisconsin-recall-scott-walker-says-tom-barrett-pla/

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2018, 01:29:20 PM »
Cnn and Der Spiegel darling Claas Relotius...  a flat out liar...
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

I-10east

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2018, 02:19:09 AM »

Okay, how many of these "serious journalists" are left? In the past, there was alot more credible journalism compared to the present. The so called "codes of ethics to follow when they are wrong" or more specifically "to cover their asses from a lawsuit when they are often wrong" is often buried on page 13 in the newspaper, or like a small retraction hidden on CNN.com, while the damage is already done from the nationally televised fake story. 

Go ahead and Orwellianly ban youtube links from being posted (even if they show info from the MSM with every point made). Censor happy people will not stop the flow of real information from being spreaded on the internet, (just because something is not conveniently leftist enough) no matter how hard yall try. So go on and be another gatekeeper.   
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 03:35:51 AM by I-10east »

I-10east

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2018, 03:17:06 AM »
If telling the truth is biased, then I like biased news.  You have it completely bass ackwards.  It's the right's lobbyists that has our government in turmoil.  Last I heard it was the conservatives which blocked all forms of reining in the PACs and the limits on donations to political parties.  I don't know who the "political elite" are.  I suppose they are whomever has views opposed to yours.  Youtube is nothing more than an open mike night for anyone who has a video camera.  Some of it maybe good, some bad.  The thing is, it's just someone's view.
The thing that irks me about the NRA is their distain for the facts.  Anything that happens is met with their insistance that we need more guns.  If there is a school shooting, we need to arm teachers. If we have a mass shooting in a nightclub we need more guns.  That you are safer with guns in your home just isn't true.  I have guns in my home, but realize that for everything positive about that is met with even more evidence that it might be bad.  Since you brought up lobbyists, how about the NRAs?  They oppose every measure proposed to keep guns out of the hands of those who shouldn't have them.  And most of all, they prove that by only quoting parts of the 2nd amendment which match their agenda.
Some feel the msm is biased.  To some extent that is correct.  It maybe biased in a way that makes the most sense.  Biased that maybe our gun laws need change, that peace doesn't mean we are sissies, that education is better than ignorance.  If the news seems slanted and you're offended by it, maybe you just don't want to know the truth.  If so, watch what pleases you way of thinking.

Those PACS, like Trump being outspent by H. Clinton $510 mil to $255 mil (according to Time magazine)? Not to mention Clinton having an overwhelming amount of the nat'l media backing her. The political elite is establishment politicians (some on the right too); Neocons and neolibs alike. They love war, globalism and playing the world police.

You are right, their are some good youtubers and bad ones too. The good ones provide links or video footage of mainstream sources or whistle blowers to back up why they are talking about. I'm not a NRA member, or even a gun owner currently (thinking about getting one) but I'm glad that they are there in a sense, because leftist regressive politicians will NEVER have enough of eroding away the 2nd amendment. If the NRA wasn't there, the US would be the new UK like a dog eat dog country. So much for granny defending herself against a home invading brute says the anti-gun people.

"I don't wanna know the truth from MSM" LOL. Because they often don't provide the truth. If you think I'm BSing, why are the Hallmark Channel and Nickelodeon beating CNN in ratings? Of course the one MSM source that actually have SOME (not all) conservative voices is somehow 100 percent wrong with everything (because they have too many pundits supporting the 'fascist Drumpf" or whatever the hell...). Fox continuously lead all of the other political MSM with ratings. IMO Fox currently tells MORE of the truth and debunking mainstream liberal lies (it wasn't always like that; in the past CNN had more cred than now). I'll watch a Fox video on yt occasionally, mainly Tucker (who is very moderate), and I'm not a cult follower like many think. Don't get it twisted, Fox is still the MSM and lies sometimes too (I'm more of an alternative media guy).

http://time.com/4563949/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-money-machine-election/
https://www.statista.com/statistics/347040/cable-networks-viewers-usa/

« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 03:44:59 AM by I-10east »

marcuscnelson

• Generation Z - Totally Screwed
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2018, 06:56:07 PM »
What the hell does any of this have to do with Jacksonville?

Snaketoz

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2019, 11:36:56 AM »
What the hell does any of this have to do with Jacksonville?
Because for most of us, local is Jacksonville.

I-10east

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2019, 07:03:00 PM »
The channel in San Diego KUSI is too real for CNN. This is what happens when propaganda doesn't go according to plan.

https://www.kusi.com/cnn-requests-kusi-for-local-view-on-the-border-declines-our-reporter-after-finding-out-wall-works/

I-10east

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2019, 07:05:34 PM »
More incoming leftist propaganda flooding our local news. ANJ are getting torn to shreds on FB. I apologize for being a straight man....

https://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/trending-now/traditional-masculinity-deemed-harmful-by-american-psychological-association/903598881