Author Topic: Local News is Just an Extension of the Leftist Nat'l Media  (Read 3245 times)

I-10east

Local News is Just an Extension of the Leftist Nat'l Media
« on: December 24, 2018, 10:11:18 AM »
In US cities everywhere, the local news is just an extension of the liberal mainstream media; like CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS etc. I remember when the local news used to be sort of an escape from outright blatant bias, now that isn't the case. I know that the Jaxson has a relationship with this organization, but I have to call them out. Channel 4 is especially guilty with this. WJXT are leading the charge with brainwashing the masses in Jax with CNN propaganda.

Many many many are complaining about 4, and ditching their app, and going to least bias stations (not saying much) like FCN and Action News. 4 has basically alienated conservatives, and gone all in with "muh resist". Maybe 4 should get Ben and Jerry's, the SPLC and the Open Society Foundation as sponsors. When the Dow Jones, NASDAQ etc were going good, you hardly heard a peep; when a few hiccups occur, now it's the end of the world, and "Drumpf's trade war with China" is absolutely the reason....

The ONLY exception to everything I said is local news segments. When local news stations talk about local news, everything is relatively (with a very few minor exceptions) all good. When local news talk about world news, national news, US politics etc etc, it turns into a leftist pandering sh*tshow.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/weird-news/blind-burrowing-amphibian-named-after-donald-trump
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 10:17:14 AM by I-10east »

Snaketoz

Re: Local News is Just an Extension of the Leftist Nat'l Media
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 10:22:43 AM »
I really believe that reporting of news is pretty cut and dry.  It's the news viewer who is biased.  Hearing and seeing something that completely counters a viewer's views is thought of as biased, when it's actually true.  Fox News is by far the most biased news outlet in the U.S., but conservatives think of it as the gospel because it reinforces their views.  Please give some examples of what you feel are biased news from the mainstream media.  If you sit and watch Faux News all day, then you will think the reporting of the news is biased.  I think the bias is in the mind of the conservative viewer.

Snufflee

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 10:50:26 AM »
He rises from the depths of 4Chan QANON boards with tin foil in full effect.
And so it goes

I-10east

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2018, 10:55:39 AM »
LOL "cut and dry". Snaketoz, if you think that I worship everything Fox, you are incorrect. I can go with countless countless examples of 4's reporting, but explain why when General Mattis resigned because Trump is gonna get US soldiers out of Syria, that was supposedly a bad thing? Mitch McConnell was 'distressed" about ending war 4 reported. Seemingly EVERYONE disagreed with that decision, is what 4 would have everyone to believe. Could they not get ONE PERSON that agrees with Trump's decision to leave Syria like notably Rand Paul? Of course not...Now the liberals are the new warmongers, hilarious. 

acme54321

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2018, 11:14:18 AM »
I really believe that reporting of news is pretty cut and dry.  It's the news viewer who is biased.  Hearing and seeing something that completely counters a viewer's views is thought of as biased, when it's actually true.  Fox News is by far the most biased news outlet in the U.S., but conservatives think of it as the gospel because it reinforces their views.  Please give some examples of what you feel are biased news from the mainstream media.  If you sit and watch Faux News all day, then you will think the reporting of the news is biased.  I think the bias is in the mind of the conservative viewer.

I rarely watch anything but channel 4 for news.  Every now and then I catch one of the national broadcasts when I'm away from home.  They all have their obvious bias.  It's not just the conservatives and if you think that you are as blind to it as you accuse them of being.  They're all fueling the fire these days.

I-10east

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2018, 11:26:03 AM »
Hearing and seeing something that completely counters a viewer's views is thought of as biased, when it's actually true.

Many times it's not what's said, but it's what ISN'T said (like the example I gave below with the Mattis resignation broadcast) that contributes to the propaganda. Liberals used to go be the mantra "question everything" now it's "if you don't believe the establishment, you're a loony tin foil hat wearer".   

vicupstate

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2018, 11:33:34 AM »
LOL "cut and dry". Snaketoz, if you think that I worship everything Fox, you are incorrect. I can go with countless countless examples of 4's reporting, but explain why when General Mattis resigned because Trump is gonna get US soldiers out of Syria, that was supposedly a bad thing? Mitch McConnell was 'distressed" about ending war 4 reported. Seemingly EVERYONE disagreed with that decision, is what 4 would have everyone to believe. Could they not get ONE PERSON that agrees with Trump's decision to leave Syria like notably Rand Paul? Of course not...Now the liberals are the new warmongers, hilarious. 

Everyone knows Trump is way in over his head and only a few of the people around him are competent and not outright grifters. Mattis was one of the few guardrails to his madness.   

If Obama was doing what Trump is doing in Syria, the Right would be livid with indignation about how we were surrendering to ISIS.  If Trump was doubling our commitment in Syria, you would be cheering it.
"The problem with quotes on the internet is you can never be certain they're authentic." - Abraham Lincoln

vicupstate

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2018, 11:35:44 AM »
“I think General Mattis has put his finger on where the president has views that are very, very distinct from the vast majority of Republicans and probably Democrats, elected and unelected.”

— Sen. Pat Toomey (R-PA)

"The problem with quotes on the internet is you can never be certain they're authentic." - Abraham Lincoln

I-10east

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2018, 11:45:31 AM »
***LMAO! Obviously you dont know my political beliefs very well if you think I'm some 100 percent neocon party line supporter. I don't like war (only should be used as a last resort), and I'm pro choice among other non-conservative positions.

I-10east

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2018, 11:48:02 AM »
“I think General Mattis has put his finger on where the president has views that are very, very distinct from the vast majority of Republicans and probably Democrats, elected and unelected.”

— Sen. Pat Toomey (R-PA)

LOL, quoting a "never Trump" neocon, impressive...

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2018, 12:09:47 PM »
In US cities everywhere, the local news is just an extension of the liberal mainstream media; like CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS etc. I remember when the local news used to be sort of an escape from outright blatant bias, now that isn't the case. I know that the Jaxson has a relationship with this organization, but I have to call them out. Channel 4 is especially guilty with this. WJXT are leading the charge with brainwashing the masses in Jax with CNN propaganda.

Many many many are complaining about 4, and ditching their app, and going to least bias stations (not saying much) like FCN and Action News. 4 has basically alienated conservatives, and gone all in with "muh resist". Maybe 4 should get Ben and Jerry's, the SPLC and the Open Society Foundation as sponsors. When the Dow Jones, NASDAQ etc were going good, you hardly heard a peep; when a few hiccups occur, now it's the end of the world, and "Drumpf's trade war with China" is absolutely the reason....

The ONLY exception to everything I said is local news segments. When local news stations talk about local news, everything is relatively (with a very few minor exceptions) all good. When local news talk about world news, national news, US politics etc etc, it turns into a leftist pandering sh*tshow.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/weird-news/blind-burrowing-amphibian-named-after-donald-trump

Modern Cities (our company) does some content sharing with Channel 4. Our main relationship is with WJCT, the public media station. The Jaxson is a partnership between Modern Cities and WJCT.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

Snaketoz

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2018, 01:10:46 PM »
I don't think you worship Fox, I just think you either knowingly or unknowingly quote things that they started.  Such as, "liberal media", Obama ruined this great country, etc. I wonder why you are so indignant over mainstream media.  Call it liberal or libtard, whatever, but I would like you to name an instance where the mainstream media lied.  Where do you stand on Trump releasing his tax returns?  I'm sure the conservative media would have had a coronary had Clinton or Obama not provided theirs.  Look how the Donald financed the "birther" dog and pony show.  The reason why there is mainstream media objection to pulling out of Syria is the same reason so many in the conservative White House are against it.  Trump is cancelling treaties, betraying allies, and dividing our country.  How can you not report that?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 07:50:21 PM by Snaketoz »

Josh

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2018, 02:38:35 PM »
Reality has a liberal bias.

Bill Hoff

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2018, 05:38:14 PM »
I don't think you worship Fox, I just think you either knowingly or unknowingly quote things that they started.  Such as, "liberal media", Obama ruined this great country, etc. I wonder why you are so indignant over mainstream media.  Call it liberal or libtard, whatever, but I would like you to name an instance where the mainstream media lied.  Where do you stand on Trump releasing his tax returns?  I'm sure the conservative media would have had a coronary had Clinton or Obama not provided theirs.  Look how the Donald financed the "birther" dog and pony show.  The reason why their is mainstream media objection to pulling out of Syria is because so many in the conservative White House are against it too.  Trump is cancelling treaties, betraying allies, and dividing our country.  How can you not report that?

Amen.

I-10east

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2018, 05:03:14 AM »
Modern Cities (our company) does some content sharing with Channel 4. Our main relationship is with WJCT, the public media station. The Jaxson is a partnership between Modern Cities and WJCT.

Thanks for the info.