Author Topic: I-95  (Read 939 times)

ralpho37

I-95
« on: December 10, 2018, 08:56:44 PM »
I noticed that there have been surveying crews doing some work along I-95 between JTB and Downtown. They've been placing surveying stakes with pink flags on them alongside the shoulder. Anyone have an idea of what this is for?

acme54321

Re: I-95
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 09:41:50 PM »
Lexus lanes between JTB and Emerson

Transman

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 08:50:54 AM »
Going to be a few years out before construction starts, FDOT I think is buying the R/W for the project now.  It is going to be completely rebuilt with asphalt pavement.  This will help the lane balance coming from Overland Bridge Project.

bl8jaxnative

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 11:46:31 AM »

I believe this is part of adding HOT lanes down into St. John's County, correct?   Or are these technically separate projects?

http://news.wjct.org/post/i-95-toll-lanes-planning-stage-duval-st-johns-counties

Toll roads are returning to the First Coast with Interstate 95 the most high-profile project in the planning stages.

The Florida Department of Transportation is moving toward adding express toll lanes on I-95 between the southern side of Interstate 295 in Duval County and International Golf Parkway in St. Johns County.

Charles Hunter

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2018, 04:05:23 PM »
It's all part of the same system of Express Toll Lanes, running in the middle of I-95 from International Golf Parkway / First Coast Connector (Outer Beltway) to the Overland Bridge. 
Also, I-295 east of the St. Johns is slated for Express Toll Lanes. Two sections are under construction, the first is from San Jose (SR 13) / Buckman Bridge to just west of I-95.  The second starts at 9B and ends just north of JTB.  The last piece, from JTB to just south of the Dames Point Bridge will begin right-of-way activity in the 2022 fiscal year, continuing for (at least) 3 years and $13 million.  Design (PE in the FDOT work program) is underway.  Construction appears to be sometime after the 2024 fiscal year.  From what I have heard, all (or most) of the right-of-way will be for required retention ponds.
Source: http://www.d2wpph.com/  click Work Program Documents on the left side, then 2019-2024 Citizens Plan, and scroll down to Duval County. The current year info is under the Archived 2017 Work Program Data, then choose Duval County.