Author Topic: The Mathis Report: Foot Locker, Champs Sports planning stores near Regency  (Read 563 times)

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
You know it's bad when the shoe stores start abandoning your shopping center. Even Gateway has been able to hold on to the shoe stores:

https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/article/the-mathis-report-foot-locker-champs-sports-planning-stores-near-regency-square
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Bill Hoff

The end is near.

acme54321

I went into the JC Penny at regency a few days ago.  Wow.  Holding on by a thread...  It was depressing.

copperfiend

So Champs and Foot Locker will both be in the same shopping center?

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
Yes....across the street from Regency so they'll have direct visibility to traffic that obviously is avoiding going inside the mall.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

copperfiend

Yes....across the street from Regency so they'll have direct visibility to traffic that obviously is avoiding going inside the mall.

Interesting. Makes sense from their perspective.

To be honest, I did not even realize Champs Sports was still around. Haven't thought about them much since high school. When I would look forward to their new catalog to see the new Starter jackets and Air Jordans.

marcuscnelson

Maybe it's finally time to start looking at this again…

Clearly the "let's leave a 50 year old mall there and half-ass bothering to do anything about it" strategy isn't working.

DTWD_NW904

I didn't even know Foot Locker was still operating in the mall......