Author Topic: Southside Construction Update - Fall 2018  (Read 483 times)

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
Southside Construction Update - Fall 2018
« on: December 05, 2018, 08:08:36 AM »

A brief look at the status of various projects under construction in and around Jacksonville's Butler Boulevard corridor during fall 2018.

Full article: https://www.thejaxsonmag.com/article/southside-construction-update-fall-2018/
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

remc86007

Re: Southside Construction Update - Fall 2018
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 03:30:36 PM »
The Orlandofication continues. I'm glad I don't have to drive around that part of town at rush hour.

I hope JTA has some plans to address the transportation needs of the thousands of people moving to this area. It seems like a BRT along Gate Parkway alone could serve thousands. I wonder how many people that live in the new apartments on that road work at FL Blue, Merrill Lynch, The Town Center, St. Vincent's, etc.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 03:40:21 PM »
Likely a lot more than downtown and a lot more are on the way.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

marcuscnelson

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 12:42:18 AM »
I hope JTA has some plans to address the transportation needs of the thousands of people moving to this area. It seems like a BRT along Gate Parkway alone could serve thousands. I wonder how many people that live in the new apartments on that road work at FL Blue, Merrill Lynch, The Town Center, St. Vincent's, etc.

Woah, there! Sensible, thought-out, cost effective and scalable urban public transit? Not in my Jacksonville!

DTWD_NW904

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2018, 11:04:50 AM »
I'm happy to see all of these apartment complexes going up!