Author Topic: Major wrestling promotion basing out of Jacksonville?  (Read 2893 times)

Tacachale

• Administrator
Re: Major wrestling promotion basing out of Jacksonville?
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2019, 01:28:03 PM »
Major primetime television deal announced with TNT this morning.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/all-elite-wrestling-tnt-aew-1203207820/

Tony ain't messing around.

In terms of finding a cable network partner, not sure they could have possibly done any better.

Dustin Rhodes, aka Goldust, is scheduled to be at their show in Las Vegas. AEW may be the real deal.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

copperfiend

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2019, 12:28:15 PM »
Hopefully this wrestling venture keeps him away from Fulham and the Jags.

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2019, 05:07:20 PM »
Major primetime television deal announced with TNT this morning.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/all-elite-wrestling-tnt-aew-1203207820/

Tony ain't messing around.

In terms of finding a cable network partner, not sure they could have possibly done any better.

Dustin Rhodes, aka Goldust, is scheduled to be at their show in Las Vegas. AEW may be the real deal.

Nice.
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

Ken_FSU

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2019, 05:14:22 PM »
Tony Khan's new wrestling company raised $150,000 last night for victims of the Jacksonville Landing shooting.

The show was live streamed around the world by over a million viewers on Bleacher Report Live, which was some pretty great exposure for Jax.

I was following along with some of the viewer comments, and one of the most discussed items of the night was how amazing Daily's Place was as a venue.

Looked pretty great on TV:

https://youtu.be/Ox7k8rK3zAo?t=3789

Good for Tony, I really think this thing is going to be a huge success when it launches on TNT in the fall.

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2019, 10:55:47 PM »
I was there - finally Dad Rock Live had something I wanted to see! The show was great, the place was packed and everyone I talked to was really into it. Plus, it was cool to see Dustin and Cody Rhodes team up.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

KenFSU

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2019, 08:55:59 AM »
I was there - finally Dad Rock Live had something I wanted to see! The show was great, the place was packed and everyone I talked to was really into it. Plus, it was cool to see Dustin and Cody Rhodes team up.

Yeah, I was there too, and agreed, great show, despite the heat, great crowd, and I met a ton of people who had traveled in from around the country to be there.

I think the local media is sleeping a bit on how big of a deal it is to have a major new television primetime television property headquartered in Jacksonville.

Ed Farah after a few drinks might also be the greatest thing ever.

pierre

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2019, 08:59:26 AM »

Yeah, I was there too, and agreed, great show, despite the heat, great crowd, and I met a ton of people who had traveled in from around the country to be there.

I think the local media is sleeping a bit on how big of a deal it is to have a major new television primetime television property headquartered in Jacksonville.

I was travelling back to Jacksonville on Friday and was surprised how many people I saw on my plane with AEW shirts on.

And I agree. This could be a much bigger deal than it is given credit for.

Josh

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2019, 10:44:43 AM »

Ed Farah after a few drinks might also be the greatest thing ever.

One of the local stations interviewed a woman that came from the Netherlands and brought her son for the show.