Author Topic: English Pub in San Marco? Dog's Bollocks!  (Read 8630 times)

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
Re: English Pub in San Marco? Dog's Bollocks!
« Reply #90 on: June 11, 2019, 10:35:07 AM »

PH is burning through kegs faster than SMM and a blueberry cake donut

Damn, now that is an amazing start!

MusicMan

« Reply #91 on: June 11, 2019, 03:42:11 PM »
" Musicman will appreciate their willingness to get the doors open as early as possible.  I hope those pesky Regency boys across the street are taking notes!!!!"

Absolutely Captain, in fact, if Publix/Regency would start hosting an open air weekend Farmer's Market on that site we could have been shopping there all along!  BRILLIANT!

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #92 on: June 14, 2019, 04:59:34 PM »
Coffee is now live but still need to jump thru some city hoops for food. Plan on offering some stuff with a British flair but I expect it will not be "British enough" for the experts from America.

I had a London's Pride this afternoon that I thought was pretty good and they also have some English options by the bottle now which sounded interesting.

I think I may have started to wear a path in the sidewalk between this place and Rue. Life is good.

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #93 on: June 14, 2019, 06:13:51 PM »
Coffee is now live but still need to jump thru some city hoops for food. Plan on offering some stuff with a British flair but I expect it will not be "British enough" for the experts from America.

I had a London's Pride this afternoon that I thought was pretty good and they also have some English options by the bottle now which sounded interesting.

I think I may have started to wear a path in the sidewalk between this place and Rue. Life is good.

British doughnuts FTW.
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

JPalmer

« Reply #94 on: June 17, 2019, 03:29:35 PM »
Apparently there was a horse and carriage there on Saturday for the Grand Opening party.

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #95 on: June 19, 2019, 09:01:48 AM »
Apparently there was a horse and carriage there on Saturday for the Grand Opening party.

I can confirm the horse and carriage Sat night. Great crowd. They are off to a nice start.

Note, there were some people that thought the horse was not equine enough. But it seemed ok to me.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 09:11:44 AM by sanmarcomatt »

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #96 on: June 19, 2019, 10:17:07 AM »

I can confirm the horse and carriage Sat night. Great crowd. They are off to a nice start.

Note, there were some people that thought the horse was not equine enough. But it seemed ok to me.

Really? Are you sure it wasn't a donkey being advertised as "horse inspired"?

JPalmer

« Reply #97 on: July 15, 2019, 09:26:37 AM »
They have taken down the ugly green awning and gave a fresh coat of white paint on the spaces next door to PH.  Maybe they are ready to start marketing these storefronts for tenants, something I haven't seen since living in the area for the last 12 years.

acme54321

« Reply #98 on: July 15, 2019, 12:50:31 PM »
How amazing would it be if the Marble Slab and Bank building parcels were redeveloped with mixed use building on the sidewalk to complete that block?  We can only dream.

bl8jaxnative

« Reply #99 on: July 28, 2019, 02:16:14 PM »

Seems like a question that would be asked by someone who's frequented Chinee Takee Outee one too many times.  :-P

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #100 on: July 28, 2019, 03:14:51 PM »

Seems like a question that would be asked by someone who's frequented Chinee Takee Outee one too many times.  :-P

The 'joke' (as much as it could be considered a joke) was based on the fact that a lot of people took exception to the bar not looking like an English pub - and then having it pointed out that the bar wasn't claiming to be an authentic English pub, but rather an "English-inspired modern neighborhood bar".

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #101 on: August 14, 2019, 11:00:35 AM »
Food! Finally!

PH will be having BrewBox starting on Friday. I have never had any of their offerings but as long as it is a step above styrofoam, I don’t care. Must have food! But hopefully it will good and then Mrs SMM and I can be regulars. Their wine bottle sales will skyrocket.