Author Topic: English Pub in San Marco? Dog's Bollocks!  (Read 12353 times)

realestatejax

Re: English Pub in San Marco? Dog's Bollocks!
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2019, 01:31:17 PM »
Will they be open on Saturday?  The Champions League Final is Saturday afternoon and Liverpool and Tottenham (two English teams) are playing. 

Captain Zissou

« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2019, 01:50:36 PM »
Will they be open on Saturday?  The Champions League Final is Saturday afternoon and Liverpool and Tottenham (two English teams) are playing. 
No.  I've been closely monitoring their FB page and they said no go for the Final.  That's a shame.  It sounds like the opening will be some time next week.

I do have a few concerns about this bar.  1st, it looks like it's going to be awesome so I hope that the crowds don't get crazy.  2nd, this looks almost exactly like what I'd do if I owned a bar, so now there may be no room for my theoretical future bar in San Marco. 

JPalmer

« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2019, 08:08:09 AM »
Signage is up!!!

Captain Zissou

« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2019, 01:02:00 PM »
59 minutes until glorious pints and crisps can be enjoyed at The Posting House

Jagsdrew

« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2019, 01:07:15 PM »
Yes!!!
Twitter: @Jagsdrew

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2019, 01:28:08 PM »
59 minutes until glorious pints and crisps can be enjoyed at The Posting House

and I was thinking about doing some yard work. Thank you for saving me from doing something stupid.

PH at 2:00 just won in a landslide.

Captain Zissou

« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2019, 04:01:56 PM »
SMM- please provide a full report on your first PH experience!

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2019, 04:08:49 PM »
I got delayed and didn't make it till about 2:05 so I wasn't the first customer. Doh! But the place is great and the bar was full pretty quickly. As expected, the interior is outstanding which is important to snobs like me and Mrs SMM. Based upon initial picture reactions, my wife is going to love this place.

I am not much of a beer guy, so I cannot speak to their selection but I had a speckled hen which I thought was very good.  I like the small pour options to set up your own flights. And, they have good taste in Cabs which is key for us. I expect we will be there often...probably will do a number on their wine bottles. My first thought is that it will replace the Grotto for us. And that the Grotto should have looked like this.

No bites yet (except crisps) but evidently the plan is to team with Vagabond. I have only had their excellent coffee, but that sounds good with me. Speaking of coffee, that should be available in about a week.

Looks like yet another great add to the neighborhood.

blizz01

« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2019, 05:35:16 PM »
Pics!

Jagsdrew

« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2019, 08:19:58 AM »
I got delayed and didn't make it till about 2:05 so I wasn't the first customer. Doh! But the place is great and the bar was full pretty quickly. As expected, the interior is outstanding which is important to snobs like me and Mrs SMM. Based upon initial picture reactions, my wife is going to love this place.

I am not much of a beer guy, so I cannot speak to their selection but I had a speckled hen which I thought was very good.  I like the small pour options to set up your own flights. And, they have good taste in Cabs which is key for us. I expect we will be there often...probably will do a number on their wine bottles. My first thought is that it will replace the Grotto for us. And that the Grotto should have looked like this.

No bites yet (except crisps) but evidently the plan is to team with Vagabond. I have only had their excellent coffee, but that sounds good with me. Speaking of coffee, that should be available in about a week.

Looks like yet another great add to the neighborhood.

Thanks for the recap, planning on going on Friday evening at some point to check it out.  Can't wait!
Twitter: @Jagsdrew

Snaketoz

« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2019, 08:55:38 AM »
I would love to have a pint of authentic bitter.

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2019, 09:06:24 AM »
Stopped by last night. Nice space, they did a good job on it.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

fieldafm

• Editor

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2019, 02:08:33 PM »
Stopped by last night. Nice space, they did a good job on it.

I appreciate enthusiasm as much as the next person, but let's not go crazy. You may want to dial it back a bit.

RatTownRyan

« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2019, 02:10:06 PM »
Hahaha. That’s me posting up on the front porch!!