Author Topic: English Pub in San Marco? Dog's Bollocks!  (Read 12130 times)

remc86007

Re: English Pub in San Marco? Dog's Bollocks!
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2018, 11:38:51 AM »
I WANT FISH AND CHIPS!

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2018, 07:41:52 AM »
Me too!  Does anyone have decent fish and chips???
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2019, 09:33:56 AM »
Ok, it appears I am close to enjoying a pint. They are looking for a bartender and are "weeks away". Normally I would consider "weeks away" single digits, but this is Jax. 117?

Mrs SMM is ready to claim "The snug"(back lounge area). Yes, just because of the name.

Captain Zissou

« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2019, 09:51:33 AM »
The FB page lists "gourmet bites" as an offering.  I am very interested in what these will be. We'll see in a few weeks I guess.

Kiva

« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2019, 06:46:20 PM »
I still like the name "Dog's Bollocks". It would be unique! The website is available!

Captain Zissou

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2019, 09:46:33 AM »
I saw a few people seated at the bar last night.  On FB they said they are opening this weekend.

I'll be there and why you aren't!

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2019, 09:59:42 AM »
I saw a few people seated at the bar last night.  On FB they said they are opening this weekend.

I would try to make it, but sadly I'll be in Baltimore.
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2019, 10:21:47 AM »

Great news!. We will definitely be there. Of course, it is such a pain having to schedule around yet another championship final.(Stanley Cup) Title Town can be a little exhausting.

The pictures of the interior look excellent as expected. This could create havoc for us.It was so easy to start with Matthew's bar bites and then just cross the street to Rue. Now we have to add a few hundred feet and make it a triangle.

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2019, 10:29:29 AM »

I feel sorry for you.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

Captain Zissou

« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2019, 10:30:32 AM »

Has anyone asked the Baltimore guys how they feel about this?

Jagsdrew

« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2019, 11:53:53 AM »

Great news!. We will definitely be there. Of course, it is such a pain having to schedule around yet another championship final.(Stanley Cup) Title Town can be a little exhausting.

The pictures of the interior look excellent as expected. This could create havoc for us.It was so easy to start with Matthew's bar bites and then just cross the street to Rue. Now we have to add a few hundred feet and make it a triangle.

Surprised I haven't met you at Matthews as the wife and I love their happy hour. Josh behind the bar is great there.
Twitter: @Jagsdrew

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2019, 02:08:33 PM »

Surprised I haven't met you at Matthews as the wife and I love their happy hour. Josh behind the bar is great there.

While I think Matthew's happy hour is an amazing value (food-wise), we don't go until post happy hour times on Friday or Saturday nights. Also, it hasn't been that long since we switched from pretty much "dining room diners" to "Bar diners" and upped our frequency there. Yes, Josh is great.

Next time you are there and you see a couple and your first thought is 'what the hell is she doing with him' and it can't be money as his wardrobe looks too cheap, it is probably me.

Jagsdrew

« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2019, 03:01:16 PM »

While I think Matthew's happy hour is an amazing value (food-wise), we don't go until post happy hour times on Friday or Saturday nights. Also, it hasn't been that long since we switched from pretty much "dining room diners" to "Bar diners" and upped our frequency there. Yes, Josh is great.

Next time you are there and you see a couple and your first thought is 'what the hell is she doing with him' and it can't be money as his wardrobe looks too cheap, it is probably me.

Ha! Well I've seen you a dozen times in there!

I couldn't tell you what the restaurant looks like as we've just sat up at the bar and enjoyed ourselves there. I'm sure is nice but my wallet wouldn't appreciate the tab at the end of the night if we walked back there.
Twitter: @Jagsdrew

Steve

• The Jaxson
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2019, 04:35:23 PM »

Has anyone asked the Baltimore guys how they feel about this?

Captain Zissou

« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2019, 09:25:33 AM »
^Thanks Steve.  I try my best. 

Some people on this forum provide facts and solid research, some provide the more important stuff like 2 year old inside jokes.  Glad I can make this forum really shine.