Author Topic: Any Peninsula Condo experts?  (Read 2424 times)

ProjectMaximus

• Firewalking Journey
Re: Any Peninsula Condo experts?
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2018, 03:00:52 PM »
Edit--I am probably boring people even more than usual with these posts. MM, I will PM you.

That has never stopped you before.  :o

And actually, this topic does interest me. I like the Peninsula and would love it if I could afford a riverfront unit. Those condo fees are killer though.

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2018, 03:36:04 PM »
Edit--I am probably boring people even more than usual with these posts. MM, I will PM you.

And actually, this topic does interest me. I like the Peninsula and would love it if I could afford a riverfront unit. Those condo fees are killer though.

When you are right, you are right. Why the hell should I stop now?

I thought you were in Miami? You should have your pick of "luxury" waterfront condos for pennies on the dollar soon.

As for the Peninsula, yeah, the fees are pretty high.  I am expecting some pretty hefty drops in selling price though.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 03:43:36 PM by sanmarcomatt »

ProjectMaximus

• Firewalking Journey
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2018, 02:33:02 PM »

When you are right, you are right. Why the hell should I stop now?

I thought you were in Miami? You should have your pick of "luxury" waterfront condos for pennies on the dollar soon.

As for the Peninsula, yeah, the fees are pretty high.  I am expecting some pretty hefty drops in selling price though.

Yes we are in Miami. But I would consider returning for the Peninsula. Ok, maybe not. I don't expect comparable Miami condos to drop to Peninsula prices but we'll see. I'm wary of buying something that might literally be under water in a few decades though.

MusicMan

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2018, 09:24:57 AM »
Decades?  Probably sooner than that!

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2019, 09:16:18 AM »
We finally checked this it and we liked it much better than anticipated. The amenities seemed very good yet not being used except for one person in the gym.Every other place was a ghost town. I am guessing a decent amount of units are not the owners only residence.

We really liked the corner units and  private elevator entrance directly into the unit. Any local experts know how the storage units are done per unit type? I have found the floor plans online but couldn’t find anything on storage. The unit we looked had outstanding same floor storage units but likely a bigger unit than we would want.

bl8jaxnative

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2019, 12:00:03 PM »
One thing, if the prices are similar, get a unit on a higher floor.  The lowest units have to park on the highest floors of the garage and that thing is annoying.  My car was bumped a couple times and people don't drive well in there.

That's good advice.  For anyone looking at buying a place that has parking space(s) in a garage, take into consideration the garage spots.    Thank you for pointing it out.

To me, it's the kind of thing I'd minimize up front.  Then about 4 months in I'd get tire of having that spot that's squeezed in next to a concrete wall where I have to pull out to get into my car.  Or I have to unload groceries on the ground floor cuz I can't do it cuz of a tight spot.   

Probably not a deal breaker for most folks.  Keep in mind some spots may suck.

vicupstate

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2019, 12:56:16 PM »
One thing, if the prices are similar, get a unit on a higher floor.  The lowest units have to park on the highest floors of the garage and that thing is annoying.  My car was bumped a couple times and people don't drive well in there.

That's good advice.  For anyone looking at buying a place that has parking space(s) in a garage, take into consideration the garage spots.    Thank you for pointing it out.

To me, it's the kind of thing I'd minimize up front.  Then about 4 months in I'd get tire of having that spot that's squeezed in next to a concrete wall where I have to pull out to get into my car.  Or I have to unload groceries on the ground floor cuz I can't do it cuz of a tight spot.   

Probably not a deal breaker for most folks.  Keep in mind some spots may suck.

Couldn't you just trade your Hummer for something smaller?
"The problem with quotes on the internet is you can never be certain they're authentic." - Abraham Lincoln