Author Topic: SR 9B now open in all directions  (Read 1586 times)

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
SR 9B now open in all directions
« on: August 23, 2018, 03:37:57 PM »

All lanes on what may eventually become Jacksonville’s fourth interstate (I-795), recently opened to traffic. The third and final phase of SR 9B provides direct access from Interstate 95 in Jacksonville to County Road 210 in northern St. Johns County. This new 2.3-mile expressway was built at the cost of $79.7 million and includes a new interchange at Peyton Parkway, which connects to Race Track Road.

Full article: https://www.thejaxsonmag.com/article/sr-9b-now-open-in-all-directions/
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

jax_hwy_engineer

Re: SR 9B now open in all directions
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 03:39:50 PM »
Glad to see it's finally finished. Now I just wonder how long until signage is updated and it becomes a part of the Interstate system...

RiversideRambler

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 04:46:17 PM »
I wonder how long until Google Maps is updated...

Transman

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 09:29:27 PM »
Google Maps has already been updated. 

Charles Hunter

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2018, 09:41:14 PM »
Google Maps has already been updated. 

G-Maps on my 'puter and phone has not been updated - SR 9B stops at I-95

tufsu1

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2018, 10:15:33 PM »
Glad to see it's finally finished. Now I just wonder how long until signage is updated and it becomes a part of the Interstate system...

this is so exciting!

pierre

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2018, 08:21:25 AM »
Named after former Jacksonville mayor, John Peyton

This made me laugh

Steve

• The Jaxson
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2018, 08:33:54 AM »

This made me laugh

You know what....he can have it. A road created through ridiculous sprawl that in less than a decade will be full of traffic nowhere near downtown. Seems like a good place to name a road after Peyton.

Jagsdrew

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2018, 02:19:28 PM »
Article should read "Jacksonville Mayor gets road named after in St. John's County"

With sub-copy: "City of Jacksonville residents paved a way for him to get out of office"

With a hashtag of #ItsEasierHere

Twitter: @Jagsdrew

southsider1015

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2018, 10:01:30 AM »
What's the source that it's named after the Mayor?  I'm pretty sure it's named after the family, not specifically John.

At one point, that road was going to be called Cummer Parkway.  I wonder what happened to that fun name?

RiversideRambler

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2018, 03:19:49 PM »

This made me laugh

You know what....he can have it. A road created through ridiculous sprawl that in less than a decade will be full of traffic nowhere near downtown. Seems like a good place to name a road after Peyton.

I thought it's named Peyton Parkway because it's going through Gate's development, Durbin Park?

Charles Hunter

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2018, 06:26:25 PM »
I checked out 9B today - and my Waze knew where I was going.
Haven't been down that way in a long time - amazing amount of development going on!  (This comment brought to you by Capt. Obvious)

bl8jaxnative

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2018, 02:37:10 PM »

Open Street Maps had the new road from the start.  Google Maps has a hodge podge of sources and frequently fails to get these things in place for their opening.   

Keep an eye on the First Coast Expressway / Tollway.  A betting person would put money on OSM indicating the tolling from the moment it's turned on while Google Maps will likely take a couple weeks to catch up.

marcuscnelson

• Generation Z - Totally Screwed
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2018, 04:47:11 PM »

Open Street Maps had the new road from the start.  Google Maps has a hodge podge of sources and frequently fails to get these things in place for their opening.   

Keep an eye on the First Coast Expressway / Tollway.  A betting person would put money on OSM indicating the tolling from the moment it's turned on while Google Maps will likely take a couple weeks to catch up.

Duh, when the people behind OSM updates for that area are holding fingers over the publish button on their keyboards, of course OSM is going to have these updates and indications up almost instantaneously vs Google who has a planet's worth of data to manage and doesn't have hundreds or thousands of people to maintain it for them, for free.