Author Topic: Ortega Park development (Roosevelt Square/Mall)  (Read 4886 times)

Houseboat Mike

Re: Ortega Park development (Roosevelt Square/Mall)
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2018, 09:18:19 AM »
the Pet Smart is on the other side of the road, next light down.

You’re thinking of the Pet Supermarket, next to La Nop. This was posted last year about Pet “Smart” being included in the plans: https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/article/plans-reveal-petsmart-slated-redeveloped-roosevelt-square

Thanks- I sit corrected.  ;D

duvaltilidie

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2018, 04:55:35 PM »
Thanks- I sit corrected.  ;D
No worries!

FlaBoy

pierre

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2019, 12:52:40 PM »
I am at that Publix more often than I care to admit.

The redone section with the Ulta looks nice. Although I am not sure on what are the small spaces behind it. Offices of some kind maybe.

It will be nice when they start clearing out all of the empty storefronts and begin building the rest.

Kerry

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2019, 10:09:09 AM »
I wanted to be impressed by Dewberry Capital's plans for Roosevelt Square (now Ortega Park), but then I went to the Company's website and checked out the artist's rendering of redevelopment plans for Azalea Park in Richmond.  I mean, grid-pattern small streets in the development, and total density of shops and restaurants, as well as mid-rise apartment units.  Just baffles me that Jax can't get projects with more of a focus on street-level activation. 

I've concluded that even though demographic stats suggest that Jax has a relatively young population, are the Jax residents with disposable income in some way a bit more infirmed (i.e. old) than in other sunbelt cities seeing an explosion of walkable developments?

I've concluded the average Jacksonville resident leads a sheltered life and the only time they venture out of Jax is to go to Disney.  I'm not sure they know the rest of the world exists.
Third Place

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2019, 10:27:55 AM »
I wanted to be impressed by Dewberry Capital's plans for Roosevelt Square (now Ortega Park), but then I went to the Company's website and checked out the artist's rendering of redevelopment plans for Azalea Park in Richmond.  I mean, grid-pattern small streets in the development, and total density of shops and restaurants, as well as mid-rise apartment units.  Just baffles me that Jax can't get projects with more of a focus on street-level activation. 

I've concluded that even though demographic stats suggest that Jax has a relatively young population, are the Jax residents with disposable income in some way a bit more infirmed (i.e. old) than in other sunbelt cities seeing an explosion of walkable developments?

I've concluded the average Jacksonville resident leads a sheltered life and the only time they venture out of Jax is to go to Disney.  I'm not sure they know the rest of the world exists.

Yeah, these yokels have never even been to the shining utopia that is Oklahoma City.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2019, 10:56:51 AM »

Yeah, these yokels have never even been to the shining utopia that is Oklahoma City.

But if it wasn't for all the damn yokels, our Urban Elitists wouldn't be forced to live in Mandarin.

Downtown Osprey

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2019, 01:57:49 PM »

lol wut? For all this cities missteps on downtown, there's still some great areas of town and great people. I honestly don't know how you came to that conclusion.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 02:00:25 PM by Downtown Osprey »