Author Topic: Downtown Southbank apartment project breaks ground  (Read 12779 times)

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast

acme54321

Re: Downtown Southbank apartment project breaks ground
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2019, 09:38:48 AM »
They weren't messing around on this one.  Hopefully the corner of Nira/Hendricks happens sooner than later now.

KenFSU

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2019, 01:50:47 PM »
Looks like the downsized Ventures project next to Prudential might finally be moving forward.

Permits are being sought.

https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/article/real-estate-notes-d-r-horton-plans-subdivision-in-clay-jax-ventures-amare-vita-projects-in-review

Captain Zissou

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2019, 02:12:33 PM »
I would guestimate that about 3,200-3,500 people will soon stay within a half mile of Treaty Oak Park each night between the Strand, Peninsula, SMP, SoBa, Broadstone, Jax Ventures, 6 hotels, San Marco Lofts, other small residential. 

I hope that more retail can spring up in this area to cater to the residents and thousands of daily workers.  There are also 6 massive surface lots north of I-95.  In the next decade I hope to see at least a couple of those gobbled up.

Steve

• The Jaxson
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2019, 02:34:24 PM »
Wow, I completely forgot about this project. A while back there was a retail strip planned in front of the One Call Garage. There certainly could be people interested there.

The challenge might be the horrendous pedestrian experience at the intersection of Prudential and San Marco and the surrounding blocks.

acme54321

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2019, 03:48:02 PM »
I hope that more retail can spring up in this area to cater to the residents and thousands of daily workers.  There are also 6 massive surface lots north of I-95.  In the next decade I hope to see at least a couple of those gobbled up.

So much potential in the huge one across from Treaty Oak, in front of the Doubletree, and the "slice" at Prudential/Hendricks/Riverplace.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 03:56:06 PM by acme54321 »

MusicMan

« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2019, 08:29:15 PM »
There is a player (from Central Florida) trying to piece together a bunch of stuff on Prudential between Riverplace Dr. and Kipp Dr.
Problem is he's paying too much (for the individual parcels) for it to work.  We'll see but I don't think he can pull it off.  I believe he wanted to do a large luxury hotel plus ?????

bl8jaxnative

« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2019, 12:09:38 PM »
Looks like the downsized Ventures project next to Prudential might finally be moving forward.

Permits are being sought.

https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/article/real-estate-notes-d-r-horton-plans-subdivision-in-clay-jax-ventures-amare-vita-projects-in-review

Thanks.  I just saw the same.  Now I know I'm a week or so behind.  :)