Author Topic: Russian billionaires in San Marco  (Read 5094 times)

Steve

• The Jaxson
Re: Russian billionaires in San Marco
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2018, 12:49:10 PM »
It can be noisy, but NAS Jax sits right on the water and any of the million dollar waterfront homes within miles of it gets plenty of unwanted loud decibel sound intrusion. Has not slowed that market much. As I recall it's directly across from Epping Forest YCC and you cannot get into that community for under $600,000......

This is absolutely true. Personally, I live just south (6 blocks) of Bolles and hear them day and night (mostly night). If you continue the main runway across the river, it would end up literally on top of my house but to your point, planes landing/taking off over the river will absolutely be low and quite audible from about Epping to South to around Baymeadows.

On a lighter note.....I didn't even realize it when we bought the house until about 3 hours after closing! If you drive to NAS from my house it's about a 10 mile drive since you have to use either the Buckman or the Fuller Warren so it didn't occur to me. Thankfully, I travel for work and actually like the sound of Jet Engines, and my wife doesn't mind either. The majority of what comes directly overhead are P-8s, which are based off of the Boeing 737 (Think Southwest Airlines).

Steve

• The Jaxson
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2018, 12:50:01 PM »
By the way, 2 new neighbors on the river over there.  Jim Furyk built a gorgeous home and Doug Marrone bought an existing one....

Isn't Michael Ward (ex CSX CEO) over there too?

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2018, 01:16:26 PM »
By the way, 2 new neighbors on the river over there.  Jim Furyk built a gorgeous home and Doug Marrone bought an existing one....

Was the house Marrone bought the same one that had the estate sale a few weeks back?
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

acme54321

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2018, 01:18:18 PM »
It can be noisy, but NAS Jax sits right on the water and any of the million dollar waterfront homes within miles of it gets plenty of unwanted loud decibel sound intrusion. Has not slowed that market much. As I recall it's directly across from Epping Forest YCC and you cannot get into that community for under $600,000......

This is absolutely true. Personally, I live just south (6 blocks) of Bolles and hear them day and night (mostly night). If you continue the main runway across the river, it would end up literally on top of my house but to your point, planes landing/taking off over the river will absolutely be low and quite audible from about Epping to South to around Baymeadows.

On a lighter note.....I didn't even realize it when we bought the house until about 3 hours after closing! If you drive to NAS from my house it's about a 10 mile drive since you have to use either the Buckman or the Fuller Warren so it didn't occur to me. Thankfully, I travel for work and actually like the sound of Jet Engines, and my wife doesn't mind either. The majority of what comes directly overhead are P-8s, which are based off of the Boeing 737 (Think Southwest Airlines).

The noise is audible for miles around the base but everyone is so used to it no one really notices or cares.  When I lived in Ortega the wort part was the droning of P-3s being run up on the ground, for whatever reason that sound carried for miles.. My windows would sometimes rattle from it.

Captain Zissou

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2018, 01:29:20 PM »

Isn't Michael Ward (ex CSX CEO) over there too?

Michael Ward currently lives next to the Peter Rummell monster house, but he's moving farther north.

Marrone bought Judge Moran's old house, which is two down from the swisher mansions. 
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 01:32:18 PM by Captain Zissou »

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2018, 01:55:54 PM »

The noise is audible for miles around the base but everyone is so used to it no one really notices or cares.  When I lived in Ortega the wort part was the droning of P-3s being run up on the ground, for whatever reason that sound carried for miles.. My windows would sometimes rattle from it.

In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

sanmarcomatt

• Mayor of The Coffee District
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2018, 02:24:01 PM »

And Norwell just bought on the River. Jags are taking over San Marco

oops. Just a monstrosity....not on river
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 03:03:43 PM by sanmarcomatt »

sanmarcomatt

• Mayor of The Coffee District
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2018, 02:24:41 PM »

Was the house Marrone bought the same one that had the estate sale a few weeks back?

Yes