Author Topic: Jaguars State of the Franchise 2018  (Read 14161 times)

JaxJersey-licious

Re: Jaguars State of the Franchise 2018
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2018, 02:57:27 PM »
Its not listed in the article. But I noticed something in the schedule for this week that was tweeted out by the Jags PR guy.

It said Thursday, as part of the State of the Franchise, there would be a "Momentous Live Music Announcement".

My bet is Lynyrd Skynyrd multiple dates at Dailys Place before either the home opener or Jags-Patriots matchup.

Tacachale

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2018, 03:08:15 PM »
Why not incorporate the park land swap with the Emerald Necklace? Develop Met Park into a Four Seasons Hotel and Conference Center and create a Hogan's Creek park to serve as the centerpiece of the Emerald Necklace.

Might could work, but I don't know that handing all that land over to the feds would be in our best interest. There's a lot of red tap and the Emerald Necklace needs a ton of work as it is. I wonder if the feds would even go for it.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

KenFSU

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2018, 03:31:43 PM »
Its not listed in the article. But I noticed something in the schedule for this week that was tweeted out by the Jags PR guy.

It said Thursday, as part of the State of the Franchise, there would be a "Momentous Live Music Announcement".

My bet is Lynyrd Skynyrd multiple dates at Dailys Place before either the home opener or Jags-Patriots matchup.

This is actually a really solid guess.

Looks like Lynyrd Skynyrd (or whatever's left of the band) is on their farewell tour right now.

Right now their final show is September 1st in Atlanta.

Makes sense for them to play their "final show" or shows here in Jacksonville.

That said, I wish the Jags would find a better win song than Sweet Home Alabama. It's a stupid song to use for a Jacksonville win, and local roots aside, I'm not sure LS really resonates with the under 40-crowd very well.
Big League City! 100 Years of Football in Jacksonville, with foreword by Shad Khan, now available!
http://www.amazon.com/Big-League-City-Football-Jacksonville/dp/0990342409/

pierre

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2018, 04:02:59 PM »

That would make sense. If it's a final concert kind of thing, it could feature other musicians as guests too.

And maybe even have it in the stadium.

Charles Hunter

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2018, 04:37:38 PM »

This is actually a really solid guess.

Looks like Lynyrd Skynyrd (or whatever's left of the band) is on their farewell tour right now.

Right now their final show is September 1st in Atlanta.

Makes sense for them to play their "final show" or shows here in Jacksonville.

That said, I wish the Jags would find a better win song than Sweet Home Alabama. It's a stupid song to use for a Jacksonville win, and local roots aside, I'm not sure LS really resonates with the under 40-crowd very well.

And, geography lesson - This. is. not. Alabama.

JaGoaT

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2018, 05:46:06 PM »
Why not incorporate the park land swap with the Emerald Necklace? Develop Met Park into a Four Seasons Hotel and Conference Center and create a Hogan's Creek park to serve as the centerpiece of the Emerald Necklace.
First thing that came to mind when I saw the mention of land swap. I really hope this is what they have planned.

pierre

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2018, 09:50:06 AM »
I was able to get a peek at the Lot J renderings. I think it will be talked about a lot in this thread tomorrow.

Visually impressive, and so much more than just a stretch of bars/restaurants.

KenFSU

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2018, 01:09:49 PM »
I was able to get a peek at the Lot J renderings. I think it will be talked about a lot in this thread tomorrow.

It's gonna be a fun day.

Lot J renderings.

New uniform reveal.

Shipyards update.

Stadium rebrand renderings.

Some kind of concert announcement.

Also, it might not be far enough along to announce tomorrow, but there's been buzz in the last couple of weeks that Khan has been talking with Four Seasons.
Big League City! 100 Years of Football in Jacksonville, with foreword by Shad Khan, now available!

comncense

• Facebook
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2018, 01:30:45 PM »
The team's schedule will also be released tomorrow night. Keeping fingers crossed for at least one home prime time game

Charles Hunter

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2018, 01:41:02 PM »

It's gonna be a fun day.

Lot J renderings.

New uniform reveal.

Shipyards update.

Stadium rebrand renderings.

Some kind of concert announcement.

Also, it might not be far enough along to announce tomorrow, but there's been buzz in the last couple of weeks that Khan has been talking with Four Seasons.

Is Frankie Valli still touring?  ;-)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 01:57:10 PM by Charles Hunter »

pierre

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2018, 01:42:59 PM »
The team's schedule will also be released tomorrow night. Keeping fingers crossed for at least one home prime time game

I think we will see one early in the year against either Pittsburgh or New England.

ProjectMaximus

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2018, 05:30:48 PM »

So I randomly messaged a friend from waaaaay back and asked if he can give me ANY info on a potential four seasons deal in Jax. This is not somebody I am close with anymore nor have we actually spoken in a long long time. However, we have had occasional interaction on facebook. Based on his job title, he would 100% be privy to anything of this sort and actually would probably be involved on such a project.

Anyway, he said he wouldn't be allowed to divulge anything at all, but if he was going to give me a hint it would be that their focus is on ex-US and Latin America in particular.

I would love for him to be wrong and/or just keeping me in the dark. We shall see!!!!

Keith-N-Jax

• Around the World
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2018, 06:31:02 PM »
Looking forward to the announcement

ProjectMaximus

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2018, 07:52:55 PM »
I would love for him to be wrong and/or just keeping me in the dark. We shall see!!!!

And now he's sent me another message basically teasing me that he can't share anything anyway.

KenFSU

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2018, 07:54:45 PM »

So I randomly messaged a friend from waaaaay back and asked if he can give me ANY info on a potential four seasons deal in Jax. This is not somebody I am close with anymore nor have we actually spoken in a long long time. However, we have had occasional interaction on facebook. Based on his job title, he would 100% be privy to anything of this sort and actually would probably be involved on such a project.

Anyway, he said he wouldn't be allowed to divulge anything at all, but if he was going to give me a hint it would be that their focus is on ex-US and Latin America in particular.

We'll see what happens :)

One thing to note though is that Four Seasons doesn't operate like a traditional hotel brand, where they own their properties. Ultimately, they're just a hotel management brand partnering with whoever has the capital to build out a Four Seasons caliber property. Property owners and developers come to them and say, "I want to build a five star hotel in City X, I'm fully funding it, overseeing construction, and maintaining ownership. I want to give you a percentage to operate the hotel and brand it as Four Seasons." There's very little risk for Four Seasons, aside from any potential to damage the brand.

They may have strategic markets they wants to build in, but if Shad Khan comes to them and says, "I want to build a Four Seasons here in Jacksonville and I'm willing to spare no expense to do it," I think it happens. Plus, Four Seasons loves multiple-property owners, and they love Shad Khan (he owns the Four Seasons in the city that the brand is headquartered in, Toronto, and is close with Prince Al-waleed, who owns a large percentage of the Four Seasons company).

As we've seen in the past, Khan is a guy who gets what he wants, and a Four Seasons in Jacksonville has been on his list for years now. I honestly think it's a matter of when, not if.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 07:56:57 PM by KenFSU »