Author Topic: Jaguars State of the Franchise 2018  (Read 54860 times)

Tacachale

• Administrator
Re: Jaguars State of the Franchise 2018
« Reply #480 on: August 01, 2019, 09:43:28 AM »
That's a pretty big ask for a Live arena, apartments and an office that may not be built.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

Steve

• The Jaxson
« Reply #481 on: August 01, 2019, 10:04:08 AM »
What’s crazy is why did this term sheet take this long? I could see this being Cordish’s starting point; the type of offer to present to feel out the other side of the table to attempt to learn what they’re thinking.

Charles Hunter

« Reply #482 on: August 01, 2019, 10:18:12 AM »
What’s crazy is why did this term sheet take this long? I could see this being Cordish’s starting point; the type of offer to present to feel out the other side of the table to attempt to learn what they’re thinking.

If what we have now is the result of lengthy negotiations by the City - what was the original 'ask'?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 10:33:19 AM by Charles Hunter »

Todd_Parker

« Reply #483 on: August 01, 2019, 10:25:05 AM »

With that said, the term sheet basically confirms my comment about the rendering from yesterday. That rendering is completely conceptual and the towers and architecture illustrated will likely change when real projects materialize.

Wasn't that a huge issue with Daly's place, as well? That the finished product was a far cry from the stylized image presented in the conceptual renderings?

Kerry

« Reply #484 on: August 01, 2019, 10:26:52 AM »

It is becasue they expected JEA to be part of the deal, and had to rework the whole thing when it wasn't.
Third Place

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #485 on: August 01, 2019, 10:41:22 AM »

With that said, the term sheet basically confirms my comment about the rendering from yesterday. That rendering is completely conceptual and the towers and architecture illustrated will likely change when real projects materialize.

Wasn't that a huge issue with Daly's place, as well? That the finished product was a far cry from the stylized image presented in the conceptual renderings?

Yes. In general, it's pretty common that things change when going from concept to built product. Unfortunately, when it comes to downtown development, we tend to oversell things when they're still at the conceptual level.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Papa33

« Reply #486 on: August 01, 2019, 10:48:01 AM »

If what we have now is the result of lengthy negotiations by the City - what was the original 'ask'?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gORMNmZgE3E

Kerry

« Reply #487 on: August 01, 2019, 11:30:35 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gORMNmZgE3E

Roflmao

https://youtu.be/X8rxPrV-tn4
Third Place

Fallen Buckeye

« Reply #488 on: August 01, 2019, 12:18:23 PM »
Has anyone started a petition to stop this yet? If we've got $233 million (plus the cost of the land) we should be fixing schools or doing something useful.

Kerry

« Reply #489 on: August 01, 2019, 12:32:32 PM »
Has anyone started a petition to stop this yet? If we've got $233 million (plus the cost of the land) we should be fixing schools or doing something useful.

I'll help collecting signatures.
Third Place

Fallen Buckeye

« Reply #490 on: August 01, 2019, 10:23:39 PM »
Just started a change.org petition to stop the incentive package. Please share: http://chng.it/SJHYPdFv

Kerry

« Reply #491 on: August 01, 2019, 10:28:04 PM »
Just started a change.org petition to stop the incentive package. Please share: http://chng.it/SJHYPdFv
Signed.  I'll share it tomorrow.
Third Place