Poll

Who will build and complete their AV transit circulator first? Jax or Miami?

JTA will modernize and put AV vehicles in operation on the Skyway first
3 (42.9%)
Miami-Dade will build and finish their system from scratch first
1 (14.3%)
This is fool's gold. Neither plan will materialize into reality
3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: JTA Skyway or Miami-Dade: Who will implement their AV transit project first?  (Read 961 times)

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
Miami-Dade now plans Personal Rapid Transit for Beach link

“The future of transit isn’t mass transit,” said Mayor Carlos Giménez, “it’s PRT.”

At a meeting between Commissioners Xavier Suarez and Bruno Barreiro last week to discuss Baylink, stakeholders learned more about PRT, which county officials described as a cheaper, lighter rail with a smaller footprint.

PRT uses personalized autonomous trains. Riders can program the driverless trains to take them directly to their destinations rather than make every stop. Mayor Giménez is a big proponent, saying the individual trains have bi-passable stations that keep riders from halting at every stop. “I like the point-to-point system; it’s much faster than a car.”

Full Article: http://www.miamitodaynews.com/2018/02/27/miami-dade-now-plans-personal-rapid-transit-beach-link/
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

TimmyB

• T
This is a trick, right?  Is there anyone on this forum that believes Jacksonville will finish higher than fourth in this race?

FlaBoy

It would not be the worst thing to see how it works in Miami first...

TimmyB

• T

But, that's not what gonna happen.  It's not like Jax will sit back and watch others try; they want to be trendy, edgy, on the forefront of new tech.  Like our overall mass-transit program.  Sorry, man, but this town really has zero direction, and that's a result of having mayors who are given WAY too much power.  Every time there is a change, it's a total reboot, from what I can see.

FlaBoy

But, that's not what gonna happen.  It's not like Jax will sit back and watch others try; they want to be trendy, edgy, on the forefront of new tech.  Like our overall mass-transit program.  Sorry, man, but this town really has zero direction, and that's a result of having mayors who are given WAY too much power.  Every time there is a change, it's a total reboot, from what I can see.

I don't think the Skyway is even on the Mayor's radar. This is a JTA plan through and through.