Author Topic: Jax crashing Charleston Dining scene.  (Read 2060 times)

JaxJersey-licious

Re: Jax crashing Charleston Dining scene.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 08:24:52 PM »
That's all well and good but which brave local pioneer is going to take the mantle and finally introduce Charleston gastro-scene lovers to the Lubi?

JaxAvondale

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 11:59:49 PM »
I think Bread & Board is expanding there too.

It will be interesting to see how they compare to Butcher & Bee.

Captain Zissou

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 08:49:38 AM »
^ the epic B&B Battle!!  I'm going to open a restaurant called Butcher & Board and join the fray!

ben says

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 07:28:07 AM »
I think Bread & Board is expanding there too.

It will be interesting to see how they compare to Butcher & Bee.

Butcher and Bee is waaaaay better than Bread and Board....in my humble opinion!

Just went to the latter a week ago, first ´new restaurant´ I´ve tried in over a year...and frankly, wasn´t that impressed.

Bread was a bit too doughy and generic (I know, have to be in the minority here), and the two dishes we got were giant messes, both in presentation (one board, one sandwich) and in taste (muddled flavors, too much mayo, too much sauce, too much ...).

Guess I´m in the minority w Bread and Board but I wouldn´t go back in a heartbeat... Super glad they exist, and seem to be popular, though!

(Conversely, never once had a bad meal at Butcher and Bee, with over a dozen - or two- visits!)
For luxury travel agency & concierge services, reach out at jax2bcn@gmail.com - my blog about life in Barcelona can be found at www.lifeinbarcelona.com (under construction!)

jaxrox

• Juno Who
    • Personal Page  FOLLOW ME IF YOU DARE
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2018, 01:13:46 PM »
https://www.google.com/amp/metro.co.uk/2017/03/11/this-london-restaurant-is-serving-burgers-smothered-in-melted-cheese-6502976/amp/
I wanna know when THIS cheese bomb is coming to the states?!? A bacon cheeseburger that comes with a mug of melted goodness to pour on top of carnivorous indulgence? Sign me up lol. Or as my partner in thought crime pointed out, I could probably just make it myself at home for much le$$ cheddar! Lol ;)