Author Topic: Greyhound bus station sold for $2.78 million  (Read 25231 times)

Artmo

Re: Greyhound bus station sold for $2.78 million
« Reply #150 on: May 30, 2019, 03:46:26 PM »
I live downtown and saw both the demolition of the old bus terminal, as well as the parking lot being paved over a course of months! This is beyond embarrassing for the DIA. LOL...... IT WAS IN THE NEWS (his plans) BEFORE HE EVEN STARTED THE PARKING LOT!!!

KenFSU

« Reply #151 on: May 30, 2019, 08:39:39 PM »
Cool: Bulldozing a historic, architecturally interesting bus terminal in the heart of the urban core and replacing it with a grass lot.

Not Cool: Bulldozing a historic, architecturally interesting bus terminal in the heart of the urban core and replacing it with an asphalt lot.

#Jacksonville

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #152 on: May 30, 2019, 08:47:49 PM »
Yeah, this whole thing is pretty jacked up and ridiculous. At the end of the day, the dude will end up planting some trees to appease but the real damage has already been done. Sod, broken concrete, asphalt......all of it is the same.  Basically another hole of dead space in the middle of the city that will be there for years. I know some people think they are better than those who ride the bus but at least Greyhound was something open around the clock and had a eatery in it (A Burger King at one time I believe). Now it's just as exciting as the Shipyards is now and what the Landing property will be this time next year. Oh, and those who were afraid of Greyhound's riders who didn't visit the area, still won't today or tomorrow.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 08:49:40 PM by thelakelander »
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

MusicMan

« Reply #153 on: May 31, 2019, 08:40:35 AM »
If the site of the old Greyhound Bus Station is worth $2.78 million dollars to a developer from Miami, who turns it into a parking lot, what the hell is the site of The Landing worth?

Captain Zissou

« Reply #154 on: May 31, 2019, 09:52:20 AM »
If the site of the old Greyhound Bus Station is worth $2.78 million dollars to a developer from Miami, who turns it into a parking lot, what the hell is the site of The Landing worth?
  $25 million and rising according to the city.

Charles Hunter

« Reply #155 on: June 01, 2019, 11:23:28 AM »
Chain it shut.

I withdraw this suggestion, and substitute one for action similar to when Code Compliance finds a lot with weeds that are too tall. In that case, the City has a contractor mow the weeds, then sends the property owner an overpriced bill for the service. If the property owner doesn't pay up, a lien is placed against the property.  Here, the City could hire a contractor to remove all the paving and replace it with grass. Maybe the could get a "deal" from the contractor for Curry Riverfront Open Field (aka "The Landing"), where they will be doing similar work.

bl8jaxnative

« Reply #156 on: June 06, 2019, 01:43:38 PM »
  $25 million and rising according to the city.

Duval county's tax appraisal is $4,430,070.00 for 3.4 acres.

acme54321

« Reply #157 on: August 21, 2019, 08:29:26 AM »
Has anyone heard if the city actually did anything about this?

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #158 on: August 21, 2019, 08:36:31 AM »
People still park on it. Also another makeshift parking lot just went up at Park and Rosselle.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

acme54321

« Reply #159 on: September 24, 2020, 08:39:31 PM »
Is this still there functioning as a surface lot?

heights unknown

• HEIGHTS UNKNOWN (DAMMIT!)
    • FRESH START SOCIAL SERVICES
« Reply #160 on: September 25, 2020, 12:20:51 AM »
What happened to the 900 foot skyscraper by the Miami Developer?
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ACCESS MY PERSONAL FACEBOOK PAGE AT: https://www.facebook.com/garrybernardcoston.personal, or, access my Social Service Agency Facebook page if you love supporting charities/social entities at: https://www.facebook.com/FRESHSTARTSOCIALSERVICEAGENCY/; thank you!!!

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #161 on: September 25, 2020, 06:46:48 AM »

He's operating the surface parking lot. They never should have ran that article. It was all fluff. There's no skyscraper coming to that lot anytime soon.

heights unknown

• HEIGHTS UNKNOWN (DAMMIT!)
    • FRESH START SOCIAL SERVICES
« Reply #162 on: September 25, 2020, 03:02:29 PM »

He's operating the surface parking lot. They never should have ran that article. It was all fluff. There's no skyscraper coming to that lot anytime soon.
I know Lake; just playing. They're blowing smoke as usual getting hopes high and then deflating what little ego we're able to muster.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ACCESS MY PERSONAL FACEBOOK PAGE AT: https://www.facebook.com/garrybernardcoston.personal, or, access my Social Service Agency Facebook page if you love supporting charities/social entities at: https://www.facebook.com/FRESHSTARTSOCIALSERVICEAGENCY/; thank you!!!

jaxlongtimer

« Reply #163 on: September 25, 2020, 11:09:44 PM »

Not only that, but, the parking lot was illegally built as they never obtained a permit.  I wonder if they were ever penalized.  Do developers get a pass in this City once again?
After AK Pearl bought the old bus station, the developer demolished it and installed a surface parking lot. The city has said the conversion lacked a permit for the parking lot. Boyer said on First Coast Connect the city filed a code compliance citation.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/realestate/city-developer-discussed-54-story-tower-in-downtown-jacksonville/ar-AAJR3eW

Adding this Daily Record article link posted previously in this thread about the illegal parking lot:

https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/article/city-wants-to-know-why-old-greyhound-site-is-a-parking-lot

P.S.  Looks like the search function on Jacksonville.com for archived Times Union articles has been seriously downgraded.  I found this one via Google on a third party site.  When I searched "Llorens" on Jacksonville.com it came back with nothing.  Not much more when entering "Greyhound."  Never had this problem in the past.  More history removed from the public domain.  Sad.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 11:27:28 PM by jaxlongtimer »