Author Topic: River and Post Opening Monday  (Read 2841 times)

sanmarcomatt

River and Post Opening Monday
« on: November 15, 2017, 09:03:58 AM »
I assume I am blind and just didn't see the original thread but menu looks very promising.

http://www.riverandpostjax.com/

Adam White

• Facebook
Re: River and Post Opening Monday
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 09:27:43 AM »
I assume I am blind and just didn't see the original thread but menu looks very promising.

Very promising...unless you're a vegetarian!
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

Steve

• Metro Jacksonville
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 09:30:38 AM »
The menu does look good. When this place first was announced, it sounded like a restaurant for the sake of a restaurant which had me concerned. But, they seemed to have hired a legit chef, and the rooftop bar will likely sell itself as long as the drinks are good and reasonably priced.

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 09:51:06 AM »

F 'em. We're making Restaurants great again.

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 10:08:42 AM »
Fyi, there is a $30 Teal Deal so if you know any Jags Season Tkt holders that are afraid to venture outside the safe confines of the Chain O'Cul-De-Sac, you may want to hit them up.

fieldafm

• Editor
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2017, 11:31:43 AM »
Went last night for soft opening.

Great space.  Food was very similar to Marker 32 (not surprising given that managing partner was M32/Groshell alumni).  River & Post will be included in my regular rotation going forward.

it sounded like a restaurant for the sake of a restaurant which had me concerned

Had also shared that initial hesitation. But, considering that Summit Contracting is behind the restaurant.. its not surprising that the finished product looks beautiful. Summit does quite a bit of the multifamily construction around the Southeast that I look at on a daily basis.. and they stand behind a very good product.

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2017, 11:55:19 AM »

F 'em. We're making Restaurants great again.

:D
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2017, 06:59:23 AM »
I cannot keep up with the new places... I love it!  :)
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

lastdaysoffla

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2017, 03:00:55 PM »
basically a real nice surf and turf place?

I kinda understand the idea that it is just a restaurant for a restaurant's sake but hey, at least it will be a draw for people towards the river for five points won't be so Park St centered. The views will be great too, I bet.

But, I've been watching the build out and I'm a little confused, is a restaurant on the bottom floor then bar on the roof?

Steve

• Metro Jacksonville
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2017, 03:08:31 PM »

I kinda understand the idea that it is just a restaurant for a restaurant's sake but hey, at least it will be a draw for people towards the river for five points won't be so Park St centered. The views will be great too, I bet.

But, I've been watching the build out and I'm a little confused, is a restaurant on the bottom floor then bar on the roof?

Correct about the restaurant on the bottom and bar up top as I understand it.

I don't mind a restaurant for restaurant's sake, but I like things that will elevate the dining scene (and that doesn't always mean expensive). At first I had a huge concern that's what we were doing here. Then I read a nice piece (somewhere) and it made me feel better as it appears they hired a legit chef. Not that just one chef makes a restaurant, but it certainly makes me feel like we're serious here.

Lucasjj

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2017, 03:38:41 PM »
EU Jacksonville Article talking about their chef.

http://eujacksonville.com/2017/06/27/river-post-rooftop-restaurant-hires-executive-chef/

Having trained under Wolfgang Puck, Eric Ripert, David Burke and Alain Ducasse and educated at the Culinary Institute of America and University of Florida, Elizabeth Arana’s resume impressed the owners of River & Post. Once they tasted her cooking they were convinced she was the right fit.

Murder_me_Rachel

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2017, 04:25:54 PM »

I am underwhelmed by the ambiance/decor of the restaurant, as I walk by it all the time and have been checking it out.

tufsu1

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2017, 09:23:40 PM »
^ you may be the only one

Murder_me_Rachel

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2017, 03:29:46 PM »

ok. It's still my opinion and i dont really care if i am the only one who thinks that. You're welcome to feel differently.  Big, blue-lit fish tanks look pretty bad and the furniture just looks like generic 90s restaurant furniture to me.  I'd love to hear your thoughts.

MEGATRON

• MEGATRON IS THE TRUE RULER OF CYBERTRON
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2017, 09:34:45 AM »

ok. It's still my opinion and i dont really care if i am the only one who thinks that. You're welcome to feel differently.  Big, blue-lit fish tanks look pretty bad and the furniture just looks like generic 90s restaurant furniture to me.  I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Imagine that, MMR thinks he can do something better than someone else.  I'm shocked.
PEACE THROUGH TYRANNY