Author Topic: Proposed Town Center Two (and Three) Class A Office on Gate Parkway  (Read 2630 times)

Jagsdrew

Town Center One (5-story, 160k sq ft) is currently under construction at the moment but more plans for Town Center Two (6-story, 218k aq ft) and possibly Town Center Three.

TC Two looks like McKesson to be a future tenant there.

Hey Lake - no objections about traffic and parking with these proposals unlike the 13-story residential bldg on the Southbank next to Baptist..smh.

Link to Article:
https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/article/town-center-two-planned-along-gate-parkway
Twitter: @Jagsdrew

Jagsdrew

Re: Proposed Town Center Two (and Three) Class A Office on Gate Parkway
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 12:32:05 PM »
To Follow up to my original post, Web.com moving headquarters in Town Center Two.

Link:
https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/article/web-com-moving-headquarters-to-town-center-two
Twitter: @Jagsdrew

Tacachale

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 12:33:22 PM »
God, traffic over there is going to be so fugly.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

Murder_me_Rachel

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 04:01:31 PM »

GOING to be? Went there last Saturday and remarked how the holiday traffic had already gotten horrendous and my sister in law told me that was just normal traffic.  My response was that that was why I don't barely leave Ortega/Avondale/Riverside/Downtown/San Marco

Jim

• MetJax
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 04:37:12 PM »

GOING to be? Went there last Saturday and remarked how the holiday traffic had already gotten horrendous and my sister in law told me that was just normal traffic.  My response was that that was why I don't barely leave Ortega/Avondale/Riverside/Downtown/San Marco
It's no worse than any of the suburban regions.  Orange Park, Southside Tinseltown area, Regency, Mandarin, etc...  While Gate pkwy is bad, those others are much, much worse.

edjax

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2017, 04:43:50 PM »
The article states their employees will have access to a courtyard and the Town Center via a pedestrian walkway UNDER Butler Blvd??????

Jim

• MetJax
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2017, 04:52:10 PM »
The article states their employees will have access to a courtyard and the Town Center via a pedestrian walkway UNDER Butler Blvd??????
This already exists.  See the gray line.  This new project is going in next to the one of the right already under development.

edjax

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2017, 07:03:48 PM »
^^thanks.  I had no idea this existed. 

jaxlongtimer

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2017, 08:04:33 PM »
It looks like the existing one ends at Markets at Town Center.

If you look at the aerial view on Google Maps, it appears there is a provision for a second pedestrian walk under JTB about 1,200 feet to the east (right in picture shown) that would terminate in St. Johns Town Center by possibly wrapping around the retention pond behind 5000 Town Center Apartments and going down a green strip adjacent to Moxie Kitchen to Big Island Drive.

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2017, 08:12:25 PM »
There's no provision for a second underpass between Gate and I-295. What you see on Google Maps is a drainage culvert. The underpass to Markets at Town Center existed years before the commercialization of this area. There's another one between Kernan and Hodges that can provide a visual to what the one at Markets at Town Center once looked like.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

jaxlongtimer

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2017, 08:44:29 PM »
Thanks, Lake, for the added insight.  Too bad they didn't plan a lot more of these.  Imagine how may cars could come off the roads and more bikes/pedestrians added, with more cut-throughs like this.  Would cost relatively little if they were built in during road construction prior to development.  Called "planning ahead," a relatively unknown event in Jacksonville, unfortunately.

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2017, 09:23:38 PM »
Sort of like the reason there's elevated ramps to the Hart Bridge, the underpasses were built so Skinner and Davis land would still have access following the construction of JTB.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

seaspray

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2017, 10:54:52 PM »
This already exists.  See the gray line.  This new project is going in next to the one of the right already under development.

No way!

So that's where that little sidewalk leads. I used to run around the TC in the mornings before sunrise (good perspective and eerie in a neat way going past the shops all empty and deserted). And I would go past the end of that sidewalk when I got to Costco, and have always wanted to do a detour there but never acted on it.

southsider1015

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2017, 03:53:02 AM »
Sort of like the reason there's elevated ramps to the Hart Bridge, the underpasses were built so Skinner and Davis land would still have access following the construction of JTB.

It's actually an old cattle crossing. However, it's now named Equipment Crossing, a little more PC ;)

JaxNative68

• Be obscure clearly
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2017, 04:22:15 PM »
will just be town center 1 and 2. 2 grew in size, so 3 was scrapped from the master plan. at least that is what I have heard.