Author Topic: The Streak Is Over!!  (Read 4721 times)

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
Re: The Streak Is Over!!
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2017, 11:58:27 AM »
LOL, I'm pretty good seeing UM's list of signed recruits this month. No one is panicking in South Florida. We're actually thrilled to be getting grown men committing to the U again. Much better situation in Coral Gables right now as opposed to pinning your hopes on an unproven coach and entertaining the silly notion of Prime Time being an assistant coach!

As for the game last night, meh. Not only was it Rosier's last start at QB but then remove his top RB, WR and TE from the line-up and shank two FG attempts by a normally solid kicker. Yeah, wasn't really expecting Rosier to turn into Dan Marino when he's been a pumpkin for most of the season. Knowing that critical depth is finally on the way (we finally got our full scholarships back after the Shapiro stuff!) and that at least two QBs should beat out Rosier next year along with 5-star RBs, WRs and TEs coming in, it's not the most depressing thing to lose by 10 to the number 6 team in the nation (who I could have sworn that fast RB of their's is just as black as I am ;-)).

At the end of the day, it could be a lot worse. Just imagine being a team that reschedules a game against a doormat like Delaware State just to get to Shreveport. Then pinning your hopes on an unproven coach being the guy to get past Clemson!

This kid looks 30. Wait to he adds his freshman 15! Watch those 3rd and shorts become much easier to pick up! Excited to have high school kids looking like this coming to UM again! Beats what Golden was pulling in.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 11:59:59 AM by thelakelander »
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali