Author Topic: The Streak Is Over!!  (Read 4722 times)

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
The Streak Is Over!!
« on: October 07, 2017, 08:22:51 PM »

To the fans of Free Shoes University. I hope that results of UM ravaging Doak Campbell were as good to you as they were to me!

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

KenFSU

Re: The Streak Is Over!!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 09:19:32 PM »
What a terrible year :(

You've earned the gloat though, Ennis.

For now...
Big League City! 100 Years of Football in Jacksonville, with foreword by Shad Khan, now available!
http://www.amazon.com/Big-League-City-Football-Jacksonville/dp/0990342409/

JBTripper

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 02:48:03 PM »
You get Coach Spurrier's derisive moniker for FSU out of your filthy Hurricane mouth, sir!

JK, you can use it whenever you want to. Miami was the lone bright spot in a dark Saturday for the Gators.

tufsu1

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 03:44:16 PM »
Lake - it was a good win and congrats to UM for breaking the streak - that said, your head coach has far more class than his team deserves. Coach Richt didn't have the team run out onto the field until after Osceola planted the spear. He also strongly scolded several players for celebrating on the Seminole logo after the game.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 05:09:13 PM by tufsu1 »

KenFSU

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 07:34:54 AM »
Big League City! 100 Years of Football in Jacksonville, with foreword by Shad Khan, now available!
http://www.amazon.com/Big-League-City-Football-Jacksonville/dp/0990342409/

Murder_me_Rachel

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 08:27:00 AM »
Lake - it was a good win and congrats to UM for breaking the streak - that said, your head coach has far more class than his team deserves. Coach Richt didn't have the team run out onto the field until after Osceola planted the spear. He also strongly scolded several players for celebrating on the Seminole logo after the game.

Ooooooh, those classless teenagers, celebrating their win and possibly getting fired up before the game.  They should kiss the ground Mark Richt walks on, he is sooooooooo much better than they are.  He doesnt take millions off his players' backs while their labor is exploited, he doesn't engage in dirty recruiting, he is a saint, whose morals are beyond reproach. How dare these good for nothings wanting to get hyped before and after a huge game? They definitely deserve a good paternalistic scolding. Stepping on a logo? For shame.  Bring me my pearls to clutch and my fainting couch stat!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 08:28:58 AM by Murder_me_Rachel »

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 07:52:22 PM »
Can't forget about the Notre Dame fans out there!

I got my hands on ND's playbook. Here it is:

Overall, I'm just happy Manti Teo's girlfriend wasn't alive to see ND get battered in that cat. 5 hurricane this past Saturday.

Dabo, you ready for your whipping?

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2017, 09:15:51 PM »
You need a more recent pic, Lake.

Here ya go:

A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2017, 11:12:19 PM »
The announcers said they were a solid second half team...

A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

MusicMan

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2017, 11:39:53 PM »
That was an epic beat down.  First Pitt now Clemson. We see da U as it should be seen, not really very good.

Lake you better hope they win their bowl game or they'll be riding a 3 game losing streak into the offseason....

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2017, 12:19:53 AM »
Lol, no shame here. Got to be able to complete a pass to win the big games. The U had successfully overcome the QB deficiency and injuries to its bet offensive players the entire season until the last two weeks.  The D played alright but was on the short side of the field all night long. Dominated but not out. With that said, the bowl game will be a home game and we're going to rake in recruits to build depth and fill our offensive holes with both FSU and UF in the dumps. Assuming Clemson can make it back to the ACC Championship game next year, there will be a rematch!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 12:21:49 AM by thelakelander »

MusicMan

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2017, 09:42:53 AM »
QB deficiency?  Not sure what your talking about Lake.  Da U didn't have to start a true freshman who had been on campus 3 months.

If Da U had started N'Kosi Perry they would have finished 6-6 or something like that, maybe....  Rosier has been on the roster for several years and with Richt for 2....   All the miracles had been played out by Pitt, and Clemson smashed the glass slipper right over Richt's head.

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2017, 11:28:47 AM »
Lol we got a lot further with Rosier than initially expected. But everyone knows he's a fill in until Perry is ready. We also know, the D carried them this year and that the offense has been limited ever since Walton went out. There's no shame from last night. It's simply a part of the return back to prominence process.

jaxrox

• Juno Who
    • Personal Page  FOLLOW ME IF YOU DARE
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2017, 11:22:45 AM »
So wait, it took two years to develop those gators new eyesores aka new uniforms? How much did they pay their designer? Bcuz they got ripped off imho. Lol

MusicMan

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2017, 02:54:37 PM »
Wow Lake. Willie Taggart coming to FSU is the worst possible nightmare for UF and da U.  He's one of the very best recruiters in College Football and he will get the kids he wants. 

In addition his style will be the opposite of the plodding offense of Jimbo and read and react defense of Kelly.

Great quotes from his press conference: "“I want a damn good defense. I want it back where we had it. We were a bunch of bad asses. A bunch of war-daddies. We want lethal simplicity. We want to be aggressive. Get in attack mode and make plays."

On his offense:

“Lethal simplicity. We wanna score fast, and often, but be very simple on teaching our kids and not confuse them."

WAR DADDIES!!!!!!!!!!!  Gotta love it.