Author Topic: Hogans Creek Preservation Trust  (Read 2293 times)

spuwho

Hogans Creek Preservation Trust
« on: July 25, 2017, 05:23:58 PM »
Does anyone know if a 501c3 has been setup on behalf of the preservation of Hogans Creek and its architecture?

Does anyone know if any NFP's have been setup for "any" park in Jax outside Hemming Plaza?

Thanks!

jaxrox

• Juno Who
    • Personal Page  FOLLOW ME IF YOU DARE
Re: Hogans Creek Preservation Trust
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 11:38:33 PM »
I have noticed that post-irma, some of that land is being cleared and cleaned up. But other than that, not much. Does anyone here know anything for sure about any plans for any of Hogan's creek land?

fieldafm

• Editor
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 09:35:17 AM »
Does anyone know if a 501c3 has been setup on behalf of the preservation of Hogans Creek and its architecture?

Does anyone know if any NFP's have been setup for "any" park in Jax outside Hemming Plaza?

Thanks!

While not its sole mission, Groundworks Jacksonville fills that role for Hogans Creek and the adjoining park systems.

As to your second question.. Memorial Park Association and the Jacksonville Arboretum & Gardens are probably the biggest NFP's tied to specific parks.  There are also more than a dozen 'friends' organizations (most are volunteer organizations, and not formal 501c3's) tied to other parks throughout Duval County.

icarus

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 10:51:54 AM »
I'd feel better about Groundworks if I had seen absolutely any progress .... crickets

Bill Hoff

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2017, 05:22:12 PM »
They're actually relatively communicative, and host regular events. The opposite of crickets.

If you're referring to large scale park/creek clean up & development, the initial years were always going to be capacity building. That was put on pause when the ED unexpectedly left, and a new ED was just hired. They have some catching up to do, but the realistic time frame to accomplish the ultimate goals are a couple decades, not a few years.