Author Topic: Southern Grounds coming...have we hit Peak coffee yet!?!  (Read 15645 times)

Tacachale

• Administrator
Re: Southern Grounds coming...have we hit Peak coffee yet!?!
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2019, 04:50:52 PM »
I don't see us living in the burbs again as long as we're in Jax

You couldn’t handle Jax burbs anyway. You would get overwhelmed with notices from the Lawn Nazis.

Lol, we definitely would. I actually got a notice from code enforcement recently over the height of some of my grass. I broke down and paid someone to mow it. I can only imagine what would happen in the burbs.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2019, 04:56:39 PM »

You couldn’t handle Jax burbs anyway. You would get overwhelmed with notices from the Lawn Nazis.

Lol, we definitely would. I actually got a notice from code enforcement recently over the height of some of my grass. I broke down and paid someone to mow it. I can only imagine what would happen in the burbs.

That is ridiculous. I love how commercial property owners can pretty much do whatever they want  but residential gets targeted. Ah, our tax dollars at work.

I don’t believe in cultivating a grass crop. I have “xeriscapish”in the front and artificial turf for the dogs in the back. life is good.

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2019, 05:02:20 PM »

That is ridiculous. I love how commercial property owners can pretty much do whatever they want  but residential gets targeted. Ah, our tax dollars at work.

I don’t believe in cultivating a grass crop. I have “xeriscapish”in the front and artificial turf for the dogs in the back. life is good.

We're planning something similar, which is why I stopped bothering with the grass until the city made me. We're looking to convert the front into raised beds and native ground cover. I'm sick of expending a good deal of labor, money, or both on a plant that you can't eat or use for anything.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2019, 05:08:02 PM »

You'd not only be forced to cut that yard, you'd also be harassed to pressure wash your driveway and the sidewalk in front of it!
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2019, 05:31:43 PM »

You'd not only be forced to cut that yard, you'd also be harassed to pressure wash your driveway and the sidewalk in front of it!

Yeah, no way am I ever doing that. Wasting water on grass is bad enough, but concrete? GTFO.

MusicMan

« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2019, 06:51:39 PM »
"I don’t believe in cultivating a grass crop."   No indoor grow room either, huh?

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2019, 08:24:45 PM »
"I don’t believe in cultivating a grass crop."   No indoor grow room either, huh?

;D

ProjectMaximus

• Firewalking Journey
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2019, 08:33:38 PM »

It was most likely instigated by a neighbor complaint, fyi. Unlike the HOA management nazis that actually drive around each day to check on the houses.

We all know SMM gets only the best imports from Mendocino.

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2019, 08:36:53 PM »
Sorry everyone, I get high on a different kind of green.

acme54321

« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2019, 09:10:00 PM »
COJ code enforcement on stuff like tall lawns is totally complaint driven.

Bativac

« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2019, 09:27:30 PM »

It was most likely instigated by a neighbor complaint, fyi. Unlike the HOA management nazis that actually drive around each day to check on the houses.

Not to be "That guy" but I have totally been "That guy." We bought a house on a St Nicholas street that was kind of on the verge of either improving or, uh, not. At some point, the across the street folks had knee high grass and a stick-built wheelchair ramp... the next door neighbors, knee high grass and broken shutters... and the other neighbor, weeds as far as the eye can see. When you've talked to the neighbors and they continue to refuse to maintain their property.... it brings the whole area down. I was mowing 4 lawns before finally hitting my breaking point.

(For the record we sold the house at a 30% profit...and the street took a definite downturn. Only difference is now nobody is calling the city.)

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2019, 10:43:29 PM »
in this case no one spoke to me once about the lawn until the city showed up. Can’t wait to hear their opinion by proxy of the garden that’ll be replacing the grass.