Author Topic: Southern Grounds coming...have we hit Peak coffee yet!?!  (Read 12066 times)

MusicMan

Re: Southern Grounds coming...have we hit Peak coffee yet!?!
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2019, 11:02:57 PM »
SBUX doing fine. Stock at all time high I think...

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2019, 08:50:21 AM »
SBUX doing fine. Stock at all time high I think...

You are correct sir!(well, just off the highs now). Some buy the product...others buy the stock instead. I love sheeple.It would be especially gratifying if they were actually sitting in a Starbucks sipping a latte while crying online about wealth disparity.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 08:57:40 AM by sanmarcomatt »

JaxAvondale

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2019, 07:10:07 PM »
Southern Grounds is coming to Avondale. A much needed coffee spot for Avondale.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2019, 10:21:04 PM »
Cool, where is it opening in Avondale?
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

JaxAvondale

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2019, 11:04:21 PM »
According to RAP...

A property owner is planning to bring Southern Grounds and two retail shops to the Shoppes of Avondale.  The owner is seeking a Certificate of Appropriateness (COA) to build a new storefront building for the restaurant and retailers, which would mean demolishing the existing non-contributing structure (meaning not historically significant or protected).  The owner said they will also seek an Administrative Deviation (AD)  for 26 parking spaces (not giving owner credit for “vested” on-street parking and 4 employee spaces being created at the rear of building), which would serve the new 8,700 square foot building.  Southern Grounds coffee shop plans to have 187 seats, operate from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. each day, and serve beer and wine but no liquor. 

It appears to be the store fronts next to old Florida Creamery.

Charles Hunter

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2019, 11:09:43 PM »
For those of us who don't know Avondale all that well, can you share an address?

JaxAvondale

« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2019, 12:30:32 AM »
3562 St. Johns Ave

Charles Hunter

« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2019, 10:29:21 AM »
Thanks, good spot!

Jagsdrew

Twitter: @Jagsdrew

acme54321

« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2019, 02:19:21 PM »
The rendering shown int hat article look spretty cool.

Steve

• The Jaxson
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2019, 05:07:50 PM »
According to RAP...

A property owner is planning to bring Southern Grounds and two retail shops to the Shoppes of Avondale.  The owner is seeking a Certificate of Appropriateness (COA) to build a new storefront building for the restaurant and retailers, which would mean demolishing the existing non-contributing structure (meaning not historically significant or protected).  The owner said they will also seek an Administrative Deviation (AD)  for 26 parking spaces (not giving owner credit for “vested” on-street parking and 4 employee spaces being created at the rear of building), which would serve the new 8,700 square foot building.  Southern Grounds coffee shop plans to have 187 seats, operate from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. each day, and serve beer and wine but no liquor. 

It appears to be the store fronts next to old Florida Creamery.

Additionally, RAP's only ask related to the demolition is that a Certificate of Appropriateness be completed on the new building prior to the Demo permit being issued, and "....adequate accommodation for adjacent retailers and pedestrians during construction" (which likely means maintaining a pedestrian path). I think that's a model that should be done throughout the urban core.

sandyshoes

« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2019, 08:47:41 AM »
What?? You dare to tire of The Fox's finest dishwater swill that they swear IS coffee?  You hooligans! 

JaxAvondale

« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2019, 12:46:50 PM »
Anybody know how the meeting with today?

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2019, 08:39:45 AM »
I continue to be amazed about how busy SG is in the evening considering the variety of options in the area although Bold Bean closing at 7 must help. They are going to kill it in Avondale.

Captain Zissou

« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2019, 09:23:05 AM »
^Last night was crazy.  I drove by at about 7:30 and it looked like it was a packed house.  I'm so glad they're successful. 

I will say that for the past couple weeks they definitely have received a boost from the Beach Diner fire.  I was headed to SG to get some breakfast the sunday after the fire and it looked packed so I went to BD instead.  After seeing the fire damage I headed back to SG to stand in line for 5 minutes.  While waiting, I saw 2 different couples I had also seen at BD.  San Marco folks love their breakfast!