Author Topic: Southern Grounds coming...have we hit Peak coffee yet!?!  (Read 13417 times)

MusicMan

Re: Southern Grounds coming...have we hit Peak coffee yet!?!
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2019, 02:40:04 PM »
Their ancient grains bowl with blackened salmon is one of my favorites.

Captain Zissou

« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2019, 03:37:49 PM »
Their ancient grains bowl with blackened salmon is one of my favorites.

We know....

My 'go to' is the : Baja Ancient Grain Bowl, Cilantro Lime Rice topped with Black Bean, Corn Salsa, House Made Salsa Verde, Pico de Gallo, Fresh Haas Avocado and Sour Cream. With blackened Salmon.

Jagsdrew

« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2019, 11:08:10 PM »
Missed those San Marco spots that I can walk to. But on a positive, I’m now a resident of the Beauclerc neighborhood where my wife and I are probably the youngest couple in our neighborhood.

We are surrounded by old retired folks, empty nesters in a heavily Jewish area which our neighbor Ms. Weinstein said she’ll make some homemade challah bread in December for us. Delightful.

We tried like hell to find a spot in San Marco but the houses around where we wanted to live just didn’t pan out or fall within our price range of 2-5 million. Insert sarcasm.

Keep holding it down in SM, SanMarcoMatt and I’ll going forward provide some juicy news in the San Jose corridor while I eat a steak and lobster meal from the most authentic Australian restaurant, Outback Steakhouse.
Twitter: @Jagsdrew

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2019, 07:38:40 AM »
Missed those San Marco spots that I can walk to. But on a positive, I’m now a resident of the Beauclerc neighborhood where my wife and I are probably the youngest couple in our neighborhood.

We are surrounded by old retired folks, empty nesters in a heavily Jewish area which our neighbor Ms. Weinstein said she’ll make some homemade challah bread in December for us. Delightful.

We tried like hell to find a spot in San Marco but the houses around where we wanted to live just didn’t pan out or fall within our price range of 2-5 million. Insert sarcasm.

Keep holding it down in SM, SanMarcoMatt and I’ll going forward provide some juicy news in the San Jose corridor while I eat a steak and lobster meal from the most authentic Australian restaurant, Outback Steakhouse.

Wtf? Does every poster on this site move to the suburbs?!? Is this Jaxon flight?

But congrats on the house and I will miss not realizing I was probably sitting next to you at Matthew’s bar:)

Note, we were in the same boat on the age thing when we moved here. But it has really flipped( with flips having multiple meaning)the last few years.

Steve

• The Jaxson
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2019, 09:12:22 AM »

Wtf? Does every poster on this site move to the suburbs?!? Is this Jaxon flight?

But congrats on the house and I will miss not realizing I was probably sitting next to you at Matthew’s bar:)

Note, we were in the same boat on the age thing when we moved here. But it has really flipped( with flips having multiple meaning)the last few years.

Haha - I did move from Riverside to San Jose so I get it. Now, I'm glad for the fact that I can be downtown in under 15 minutes.

Hey, twin toddlers and cheap Square Footage (compared to San Marco) has it's advantages.

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2019, 09:28:33 AM »

Haha - I did move from Riverside to San Jose so I get it. Now, I'm glad for the fact that I can be downtown in under 15 minutes.

Hey, twin toddlers and cheap Square Footage (compared to San Marco) has it's advantages.

I know...I was just joking. I absolutely get it. Just makes me think of all the articles by experts where all the brilliant successful people were going to be raising their kids in downtowns across America.

Jagsdrew

« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2019, 12:44:53 PM »

I'll be back for sure. And heck, I would call this a true Jaxon flight, I'm still in the city so i'm no Nocatee or St Johns Co.
Twitter: @Jagsdrew

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2019, 01:18:52 PM »

I know...I was just joking. I absolutely get it. Just makes me think of all the articles by experts where all the brilliant successful people were going to be raising their kids in downtowns across America.
I think many people assumed "downtowns" when those articles said many people were moving back to cities. In reality people are repopulating these dense urban districts across the country. Many of these city neighborhoods where people are moving to, aren't the central business district but are denser than Riverside, Springfield and San Marco combined. Jax is just slow to the party, partially because the core is still pretty limited in housing variety and amenities commonly associated with urban living.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2019, 01:48:52 PM »
Please do not make assumptions on what I “assumed” . Thanks.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2019, 01:54:01 PM »
Ouch lol. Please re-read the statement. I wasn't thinking anything about a sanmarcomatt when I wrote that.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2019, 02:21:11 PM »
Ouch lol. Please re-read the statement. I wasn't thinking anything about a sanmarcomatt when I wrote that.

I thought you were lumping me in with people who assumed a reference was to downtown when a reference was just to moving back to cities. Your response was to my comment and it seemed a little “educational” so I guess I just made a bad assumption. :)

ProjectMaximus

• Firewalking Journey
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2019, 02:28:31 PM »

Ugh I never thought about this but I guess technically we did the same San Marco -> burbs move with kids. But ours was just obscured by the fact that it was 350 miles south. If we ever return to Jax I "guarantee" it will be back to the urban core, dagnabbit.

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2019, 02:59:28 PM »
I grew up in the suburbs (Neptune Beach) and moved to the urban core as an adult. I don't see us living in the burbs again as long as we're in Jax and fortunes don't change dramatically. For me, it provides the things I liked about living at the beach (a real neighborhood feel, stuff to do in walking or biking distance, etc.) without the things I didn't like (overpriced property, being so far away, etc.)
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2019, 04:41:28 PM »
I don't see us living in the burbs again as long as we're in Jax

You couldn’t handle Jax burbs anyway. You would get overwhelmed with notices from the Lawn Nazis.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2019, 04:43:42 PM »

I thought you were lumping me in with people who assumed a reference was to downtown when a reference was just to moving back to cities. Your response was to my comment and it seemed a little “educational” so I guess I just made a bad assumption. :)
No worries. My comment was more of a personal rant about the experts producing those articles.