Author Topic: Crews to remove concrete, bricks from part of Jacksonville’s Hemming Park  (Read 2390 times)

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
Work crews have started removing concrete ledges and brick pavers from part of downtown Jacksonville’s Hemming Park, a step designed to beautify an area that was paved over decades ago.

“It helps soften up those hard edges,” said Friends of Hemming Park CEO Bill Prescott, whose organization manages the city-owned property in front of City Hall.

The organization is spending about $60,000 for work on the park’s eastern edge, near Laura Street, that should be complete before the end of the month.

Full article: http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2017-06-12/crews-remove-concrete-bricks-part-jacksonville-s-hemming-park
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

spuwho

Is it a park? Or is it a plaza?

jaxjaguar

Awesome! Any idea if the sculpture garden will include any of the statues that used to be on the other side of the library?

Also, I believe I mentioned it before, but the outdoor area on the 2nd floor of the library is being redone. They will be redoing the plants, replacing the deck and updating some of the lighting.

FlaBoy

Looking forward to seeing it.

Keith-N-Jax

• Around the World
I enjoyed the slide show they provided

Adam White

• Facebook
Is it a park? Or is it a plaza?

It's a park...(slap)

It's a plaza...(slap)

It's a park AND a plaza! :'( :'( :'(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnrdetFAo1o