Author Topic: Blind Rabbit Closing  (Read 5654 times)

Bill Hoff

Re: Blind Rabbit Closing
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 11:02:13 AM »
I find it more odd how the media works in an old homicide into the headline that has zero relevancy, other than generating clicks.

I doubt when Mojo No. 4 closes, the headline would refer to the employee murdered there.

Gotta love our local media.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 12:16:15 PM by Bill Hoff »

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 11:12:31 AM »
Yeah, that was pretty strange.  Out of all the things that could have been said about the restaurant, that's what they decided to go with....geez
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

spuwho

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 11:48:28 AM »
If it bleeds it leads.

Murder_me_Rachel

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2017, 12:21:41 PM »
Not only is the headline odd, I just find it crazy that place is closing already.  They put a lot of work into it, and it seemed (at least to me) to be a prime location and doing well.  I wonder if the publicity of the murder affected business? Either way, they have that killer Shaun Thurston mural and I hope it doesnt get painted over.

fsujax

• Teapartysaurus!
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2017, 12:22:27 PM »
Yeah. Stupid headline, but we should really expect nothing less from the media. A shame to see them close though.

Tacachale

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2017, 12:28:54 PM »
Too bad. Hopefully something fills their spot quickly.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

David

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2017, 02:07:16 PM »
Too much competition from mshack, burgerfi and derby maybe? I did enjoy their burgers the few times i've been there, but i tend to default to the others first. Well, Mshack & Derby mainly. If I could pick any of those 4 to close, it would be burgerfi.

I-10east

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2017, 07:00:17 PM »
If it bleeds it leads.

So true. The media loves negative stories.

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2017, 08:32:12 PM »
I will miss their happy hour...
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

TimmyB

• T
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2017, 09:06:48 PM »
Not only is the headline odd, I just find it crazy that place is closing already.  They put a lot of work into it, and it seemed (at least to me) to be a prime location and doing well.  I wonder if the publicity of the murder affected business? Either way, they have that killer Shaun Thurston mural and I hope it doesnt get painted over.

I've never had the chance to go there, but I found it ironic and humorous that you guys were wondering about the media's focus on the seemingly unrelated headline, but then referred to the mural as "killer"!  It took me a second to realize that those were also not related.   ;D ;D ;D

twojacks

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2017, 06:28:11 AM »
If anything, the murder helped their business.  As far as media focusing on the negative, it's how my friends and I knew of the Blind Rabbit.  Nothing, unlike Mojo 5, stood out about it.  Unless you added "where the....", blank stares are all you got when someone suggested meeting up  there.  They did have a good burger, but in the end, it's not what they were known for.

MusicMan

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2017, 10:28:41 AM »
No surprise here. The neighborhood (Riverside-Avondale)  has too many restaurants right now for the hipster population to support. And folks are not driving to Park and King to get a burger.

JaxAvondale

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2017, 01:54:39 PM »
I never thought of the Blind Rabbit as a burger place. It is debatable if there are too many restaurants in the neighborhood. A lot of it has to do with placement of the restaurant. In my opinion, your normal King Street clientele wasn't going to eat there regularly. If this restaurant was placed where Orsay/South or the Shoppes are located then the restaurant may still be in business.

jaxjags

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2017, 02:47:17 PM »
Went several times when it first opened under  Blind Fig name. Very busy and menu was not geared toward burgers. I think as novelty wore off, as said before, the type of clients weren't attracted by that part of Riverside.  Just went a month ago-different crowd and more burgers.