Author Topic: Britt’s Eye View: Plenty here to entertain seniors  (Read 8881 times)

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
Britt’s Eye View: Plenty here to entertain seniors
« on: April 18, 2017, 06:03:02 AM »
Welcome again, readers of my monthly senior columns, with a special greeting to you older citizens new to River City. Two of my favorite Times-Union journalists — both named David — have written welcomes to all newcomers in this newspaper recently. Like one of the Davids, I apologize for the pollen on your car and patio furniture this time of year, but I can assure you that the recent cold snap was an abnormality. Fun and sun in Northeast Florida awaits you.

Full article: http://jacksonville.com/prime-time/columnists/2017-04-17/britt-s-eye-view-plenty-here-entertain-seniors
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
Re: Britt’s Eye View: Plenty here to entertain seniors
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 07:03:07 AM »
Who knew there was such a thing as competitive Chinese mahjong...  ;D
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

Adam White

• Facebook
Re: Britt’s Eye View: Plenty here to entertain seniors
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 07:31:06 AM »
Who knew there was such a thing as competitive Chinese mahjong...  ;D

I think the movie Bloodsport was based on it.
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”