Author Topic: Hottest Spots in the SJTC?  (Read 16018 times)

Adam White

• Facebook
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

Glenn VL

Re: Hottest Spots in the SJTC?
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2017, 05:40:41 PM »
I like BurgerFi more than MShack.

Living near the SJTC, I found times that I can go there and you get to experience the place without the crowds. Usually weekdays around 10am or weeknights.

It's true that you have to plan around the hustle and the bustle! :o If I am craving a hot burger at 6pm, it is BurgerFi for sure. If I want a hot sandwich and to people watch after dark it's The M Shack for me all the time.

And CoreDumped it's ok. My blog is designed for all people!!!! One of my working ideas is a column called "Fish out of Water" where I explore other parts of town you might like such as downtown, The Riverside etc and propose ways incorporating elements of The Town Center can elevate Jacksonville! Think - What if there was a Cheesecake Factory in downtown??????????  :o :o :)

spuwho

« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2017, 07:09:45 PM »
Over time you pick up ways and means to get around SJTC.

My fav used to be to cut behind West Marine, but after they built Nordstrom Rack they installed radical speed bumps and killed it.

Now the quick way is to use the service drives behind Old Navy, turn behind Target and cut through to Dicks.  No speed bumps.

When the new Red Robin/Aldi get done, the plan shows they wont build a fire lane all the way through, so we will have to find some new routes.

ProjectMaximus

• Firewalking Journey
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2017, 09:01:57 PM »
I'd love a historic walking tour. Lest we forget the highs and lows over the past decade...something to commemorate Whiskey River especially. Please invite me for the inaugural.

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2017, 09:10:49 PM »
Center can elevate Jacksonville! Think - What if there was a Cheesecake Factory in downtown??????????  :o :o :)

Can downtown support both a Cheesecake Factory and a Fuddruckers? ???
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

spuwho

« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2017, 11:03:40 PM »
Center can elevate Jacksonville! Think - What if there was a Cheesecake Factory in downtown??????????  :o :o :)

Can downtown support both a Cheesecake Factory and a Fuddruckers? ???

If a Hooters can make it, anything is possible.

Glenn VL

« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2017, 05:57:33 PM »
Slurping down a cold beer and a hot burger on a warm day  :o :o :o Reading the latest haps and people watching the in-crowd file in and out of Blackfinn dressed to impress!  8) 8) 8)

What a great day to be out and walking! Next stop... KILWINS  :o :o :o

8)

johnnyliar

« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2017, 07:14:45 PM »
committed to the bit

KenFSU

« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2017, 07:33:03 PM »
YOU DO YOU, GLENN.

You.

Do.

You.

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2017, 08:58:01 PM »
committed to the bit

There's committed to the bit, but there's always a line...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/oAKG-kbKeIo?" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/oAKG-kbKeIo?</a>
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

coredumped

• Huge Member
« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2017, 10:37:01 PM »
This is my new favorite thread.
Jags season ticket holder.

ProjectMaximus

• Firewalking Journey
« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2017, 11:15:08 PM »
This is my new favorite thread.

Yes, for me this thread has now eclipsed Mooneyhan Studios as most exciting when it gets bumped by a new post.

Glenn VL

« Reply #72 on: April 07, 2017, 05:27:22 PM »
URBAN CONSTRUCTION UPDATE!!!  :D :D :D

What is this monolith rising into the sky?!?!???  :o :o :o :o

Sources tell me it is set to house a HOBBY LOBBY. Originally founded in 1972, this spots marks the enthusiasts dream! This will be the first Hobby Lobby location inside of the Town Center. 

Tex Mex lovers unite! This frame is going up fast, and will soon play host to Chuy's Tex Mex. A Seasoned Sirloin Burrito on a 12 inch, four tortilla??? YES PLEASE  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Chuy's will serve as a tenant of what I am calling the West TowCen International Dining District based on the worlds cuisine restaurants building out their hot spots! With apartments and a hotel in the area, who even needs a car!

Start checking out the menu now to wet those appetites!!!

https://www.chuys.com/menu

:o