Author Topic: Durbin Park: NE Florida's Next Retail Mecca Takes Shape  (Read 16806 times)

marcuscnelson

Re: Durbin Park: NE Florida's Next Retail Mecca Takes Shape
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2018, 11:49:29 AM »
Developers have a hard time making building any kind of apartments work in St. John's due to Impact Fees. Notice you don't see any apartments under construction in St. Johns.  They all stop at the Duval line.  I agree about affordable housing, they are really lacking that.

The county needs to think this one over, they need a better balance of housing, not just tract housing.

I don't disagree with you, but I will be upfront here and say that considering some of the comments I've copied and pasted in this thread, it's not clear that many residents here want any development at all.

Personally, I'm not opposed to new development provided it suits the community and doesn't demand numerous concessions from the county government, but a lot of people seem to constantly get up in arms about any attempts at new housing or shopping. It's a strange conundrum, considering our schools are so highly in demand and a lot of the people that come here then attempt to close the door on anyone behind them.

And now, Durbin Park especially has been a hotspot for debate over the future of our county, and I can't say for sure who's going to win.

KenFSU

Re: Durbin Park: NE Florida's Next Retail Mecca Takes Shape
« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2018, 11:09:31 AM »
With that said, I think their Keke's will be that chain's first location in NE Florida. Keke's is pretty popular in and around Orlando.

Looks like Town Center is getting one too.

https://www.bizjournals.com/jacksonville/news/2018/02/21/kekes-breakfast-cafe-to-open-near-st-johns-town.html
Big League City! 100 Years of Football in Jacksonville, with foreword by Shad Khan, now available!
http://www.amazon.com/Big-League-City-Football-Jacksonville/dp/0990342409/